+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cowley Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... No, just no!
    Why on earth not?!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Despite my reservations about Ardley's ability, I would agree with that. It wouldn't make sense to sack him now. There have been some positive signs this season like better player recruitment and a more balanced squad. We were looking a decent football team before Covid-19, so I think we have to give Ardley the chance to build on that positivity. I'm not particularly confident he will, but I hope he proves me wrong.
    Three weeks before the end of the season we were 7th and level on points with 10th. That 4 match last gasp winning sequence (3 of them against sides towards the bottom) obscured what was otherwise looking touch and go all season as to whether we would make the play-offs.
    Talk of winning the league next season seems wishful thinking. I'd definitely take finishing 7th right now if it was offered.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Three weeks before the end of the season we were 7th and level on points with 10th. That 4 match last gasp winning sequence (3 of them against sides towards the bottom) obscured what was otherwise looking touch and go all season as to whether we would make the play-offs.
    Talk of winning the league next season seems wishful thinking. I'd definitely take finishing 7th right now if it was offered.
    Absolutely. There have been some abysmal performances this season against some truly awful opposition. Part time clubs operating on a fraction of our budget.

Let's not forget that Ardley has had a huge squad and has been backed significantly not just by the Danes but by Hardy as well. I think 3rd is the least we should have expected and the manner of our defeat on Sunday was a disgrace.

We should never have been playing in the Conference at all. I shall never forgive Ardley's shocking failure to keep us up and that is why he will never be the manager for me. He has forgotten how to win and cannot motivate a team when it counts

I don’t know what the best thing about this thread is, the idea that the Cowleys might be interested, or the notion that we’d say ‘no thanks’.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I wouldn't say it's that fanciful. I believe Danny lives in the area and i think they'd be happy to get their teeth stuck into a project, supported by great owners. Clearly they are both very comfortable and talented at this level. They know non league inside out.

They'd be brilliant.
    Why do you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don’t know what the best thing about this thread is, the idea that the Cowleys might be interested, or the notion that we’d say ‘no thanks’.

Immaterial as they wouldn't come even if we had vacancies to fill

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Orient went from mid-table to Champions in one summer and they had Salford splashing mega cash at this level to contend with. Might be a similar situation with us and Stockport next season.

Paul Cook is out of work... what a manager he would be at this level... and before I get eaten alive for saying this... its just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Not sure l could sit behind the Dug Outs where we have sat since the new Pavis stand opened & listen to & watch them every other week winding the fourth official listening to their language.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast