+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cowley Brothers

The Cowley Brothers

Yes please.

... No, just no!

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Yes please.
    Successful, proven track record, obviously not for Notts then.

Where on earth has this bit of fanciful thinking come from?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Exactly they will get a job at league one level at least.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Yes please.
    As far as I know we don't have a vacancy, and I'm very happy with our current manager. Its time the Club learnt from past mistakes, and stopped chopping and changing managers every 5 minutes. Fortunately, it looks like our owners share my opinion, rather than the crazy notions of many on here, who still haven't learnt after 20 years of mayhem at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    As far as I know we don't have a vacancy, and I'm very happy with our current manager. Its time the Club learnt from past mistakes, and stopped chopping and changing managers every 5 minutes. Fortunately, it looks like our owners share my opinion, rather than the crazy notions of many on here, who still haven't learnt after 20 years of mayhem at Notts.
    Your opinion will only be right if Ardley takes us equal or higher to where we were when he joined us. We all know that constantly changing managers is a far from ideal situation, but neither is sticking with a poor one just for the sake of it. What if we stick with him for the next five years, and we're still in the National League?

I'm pretty sure that Ardley won't be sacked, but that will only prove to be a good decision when he takes us forward.

Now is not the time to change managers, but it's a big season coming up for Ardley. He needs to address the issues that were so badly exposed on Sunday and go one better.

There's no way the Cowleys would consider Notts at this level. But anyone saying 'no!' to them is nuts. They'd get this club into L1 in 3 or 4 seasons I reckon. They know what it takes to win.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Now is not the time to change managers, but it's a big season coming up for Ardley. He needs to address the issues that were so badly exposed on Sunday and go one better.
    Despite my reservations about Ardley's ability, I would agree with that. It wouldn't make sense to sack him now. There have been some positive signs this season like better player recruitment and a more balanced squad. We were looking a decent football team before Covid-19, so I think we have to give Ardley the chance to build on that positivity. I'm not particularly confident he will, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I wouldn't say it's that fanciful. I believe Danny lives in the area and i think they'd be happy to get their teeth stuck into a project, supported by great owners. Clearly they are both very comfortable and talented at this level. They know non league inside out.

They'd be brilliant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast