+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next up - Motherwell

Next up - Motherwell

Watched their game tonight. They had 3 good chances to win the match v County but failed to hit the net with any of them and left empty handed.

A poor performance overall from the side that finished 3rd last season. Turnbull looked out of sorts as did the ex Rangers winger Hastie. Callum Lang looked bright for them when he came on but got a red so will miss Saturday's match.

The Well stand out was the dangerous winger Seedorf, electric pace and has a delivery. If he starts at Fir Park Jamie Robson will have his hands full. Wouldn't fancy that task myself.

Robinson will be looking for a reaction after that, let's hope he doesn't get it.

(Stand out for County was Ross Stewart, looks useful. Big tall athletic side as per usual, Coll Donaldson still managed to look poor in their back 4 and gave away a needless pen)

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Watched their game tonight. They had 3 good chances to win the match v County but failed to hit the net with any of them and left empty handed.

A poor performance overall from the side that finished 3rd last season. Turnbull looked out of sorts as did the ex Rangers winger Hastie. Callum Lang looked bright for them when he came on but got a red so will miss Saturday's match.

The Well stand out was the dangerous winger Seedorf, electric pace and has a delivery. If he starts at Fir Park Jamie Robson will have his hands full. Wouldn't fancy that task myself.

Robinson will be looking for a reaction after that, let's hope he doesn't get it.

(Stand out for County was Ross Stewart, looks useful. Big tall athletic side as per usual, Coll Donaldson still managed to look poor in their back 4 and gave away a needless pen)
    Good summary

I think the extra two days prep will suit us

Their sending off, on his debut, plus a scuffed penalty, will be an upsetter

Possibly more talk of bourmouth after their manager though perhaps not after last night

Will be very interesting, I expect changes to our starting line up, and formation
    Last edited by shed-buoy; 04-08-2020 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Good summary

I think the extra two days prep will suit us

Their sending off, on his debut, plus a scuffed penalty, will be an upsetter

Possibly more talk of bourmouth after their manager though perhaps not after last night

Will be very interesting, I expect changes to our starting line up, and formation

The game will be won and lost out wide on Saturday I feel.

With Lang suspended, they'll likely play Hastie on the right and Seedorf on the left.

We obviously have the option of a back 4 or a back 5. Pros and Cons for both. Play a back 3/5 and Smith/Robson might get pinned back by the two mentioned above as we dont want either of them running at one of our centre halves.

A 4 would make more sense so we match up but if we take the risk of 352 then we might just cancel out their wingers because Smith and Robson will push right on. Or even Bolton if he gets put at RWB.

Interesting options, nothing to fear from a single team I've watched this weekend apart from the obvious 2. Aberdeen and Motherwell looked nothing special. Hibs (albeit 5 minute highlights) needed 2 horrible goalkeeping errors to get their goals. Livi lost to St Mirren. St Johnstone should have been pumped. Nothing to fear!

I watched the well v county game too. I thought motherwell were poor due to going away from everything they done last season. Last season alot of their attacking intent came from having pacey wingers (Seedorf, Hylton and a few others who have left the club).

but last night they seemed to be playing a 4231 which didnt suit certain players. Turnbull and polworth are very similar types yet one of them would be forced to do a job out wide. they had Hastie on the other side who is a decent winger but he was a left footer playing on the right so he was always wanting to come infield towards bodies which didnt help. They lacked width badly until they brought on seedorf when they started to look more dangerous and got better quality of crosses into the box (which led to their best chance and the penalty). similar to when Bolton came on for us on Saturday, i dont think he done anything spectacular but by just being more direct and wanting to take a man on managed to cause problems.

I expect to see well change their shape and possibly go 3 at the back either that or they will bring the wingers into the team again. im concerned by their loss last night. normally when a team plays so badly they get a reaction (unless your us 2016). they will be looking to make up for their poor performance.

Should be able to purchase from Motherwell TV for 12 quid.

Looks like you have to sign up to their Motherwell TV site. No specific details yet for the United game.

One club I don’t mind giving my hard earned to so will be streaming this hopefully.

PS that boy Stewart for County looks a right handful. Noticed him last season also.

FIRST TEAM

PAY-PER-VIEW MOTHERWELL

Monday 27 July 2020

The majority of our forthcoming Scottish Premiership games will be available to watch online on a pay-per-view basis in the UK and Ireland.

While we remain behind closed doors or in partially-closed stadiums, we will be able to bring you the games at Fir Park via our live streaming platform.

Access passes for home league matches will be sold for*£12*and can be bought for individual games at*live.motherwellfc.co.uk.

Season ticket holders will continue to receive live streams of home league matches as a free add-on. You do not have to pay anything extra.

When we’re on the road, most of our opponents will also sell access to the game via their own respective live platforms. Full details on a match-by-match basis will be provided nearer the time. Each club may set a different price for pay-per-view at their stadiums and most will charge more than £12.

The only exception will be if a match is picked by Sky Sports for live TV broadcast. Those games will be unavailable for pay-per-view purchase in the UK and Ireland, whether we are at home or away.

That means our season opener at Ross County will be exclusively on Sky Sports in the UK and Ireland, as will our trip to face Hibernian on Saturday 15 August.

Our first pay-per-view fixture will come against Dundee United at home on Saturday, 8 August. Kick-off is at 3pm BST. That is then followed by the visit of Livingston on Wednesday, 12 August at 7.45pm. Details on how to buy will be communicated shortly.

Really difficult game for us and would be delighted with a point.I have let thing's settle before posting about last Saturday but it was two points thrown away.The 3 points were on a plate for us but we contrived to throw 2 of them away.

If there was anyone only catching that 2nd half of the game on Saturday they would be totally oblivious it was 11 v10.

Yeah, a point away to a decent M'well side would be a decent return.

It will be interesting to see how MM sets up the team for a tricky away fixture.

I reckon Edwards will start this one alongside Reynolds in centre of defence.

They will be desperate to get at least a point after losing to County on Monday. So I expect that we will start Luke Bolton and employ fast counter-attack tactics.

It's an intriguing fixture and I'm looking forward to streaming it live.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Yeah, a point away to a decent M'well side would be a decent return.

It will be interesting to see how MM sets up the team for a tricky away fixture.

I reckon Edwards will start this one alongside Reynolds in centre of defence.

They will be desperate to get at least a point after losing to County on Monday. So I expect that we will start Luke Bolton and employ fast counter-attack tactics.

It's an intriguing fixture and I'm looking forward to streaming it live.
    Edwards will definitely make his way into the team, but I cant see it this weekend. Connolly and Reynolds at centre half I reckon.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)