+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Next up - Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by gunboat View Post
    the manager sussed out already that motherwell could be suspect to pacy counter attacks and he was spot on,under neilson clark would have started with shankland being out.

I actually still find it very hard to believe we beat last season's 3rd best team in scotland without shankland.
    away,fact.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The manager sussed out already that Motherwell could be suspect to pacy counter attacks and he was spot on,under Neilson Clark would have started with Shankland being out.

I actually still find it very hard to believe we beat last season's 3rd best team in Scotland without Shankland.
    It was an incredible result. No doubt about it. 👏 👏 👏

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    And also a manager who shows faith in young players and drops underperforming ones and also doesn’t seem to have his favourites 🧡🖤❤️
    This! There will no doubt be f*** ups by all the players, youngsters included, it’s how they deal with it and move that counts. Fair play to MM. It’s early days but I like his attitude, positive language and his “ we are Dundee United “ so far so good!

Loving how MM is totally embracing the culture, heritage and history of our proud Club and using it as a tool for inspiration. In contrast to Paul Quinn for whom it made him scheite his underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    What does that tell you? For me it emphasises what I knew already, our team isn't just about Shankland.

Which we knew from November when he missed the two games

Arguably some of the best football of last season was the wins at home over qots and alloa without Shankland, he enhances us but its good to know we are capable when he is missing which we proved again yesterday

It's early days for all the hindsight stuff though and proclaiming people right or wrong when it can't be backed up, survival is main thing this season and it's excellent to get 4 pts already towards the total we will need, it also feels like MM may be a very good choice (just as RN was a very good choice... but is a pr1ck now) and I like the choice of Frail as assistant

Let's see how we are looking pts wise this time next week after hibs home and county away, as they are followed by a tough run of games starting when Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Loving how MM is totally embracing the culture, heritage and history of our proud Club and using it as a tool for inspiration. In contrast to Paul Quinn for whom it made him scheite his underwear.

Hahaha

Ffs we were in a bad way under laszlo the clown

Oh and I make that 3 top flight away wins in a row and 5 top flight games unbeaten spread across 4 years

Been away all weekend, just catching up now. What a difference reading the last few pages of this thread compared to the last few months of match threads during Robbies tenure. 🧡🖤

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)