+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who can't you stand

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The list is too long to mention and includes anyone who has ever won a "talent show" anyone who makes records because they are celebrities and, if I am honest, almost anything that has charted in the last 20 years!!

But pet hates amongst "more serious musicians" include Phil Collins, as previously noted, Simply Red, Michael Jackson and most of the pompous crap by Queen. I wont mention the Police again for fear of upsetting the authorities.
    Do they still have charts???

Queen I could never get my head round though some interesting arrangements. Jackson did some good stuff, but a lot of pap and you ahve to forget how weird the guy was. Phil Collins again the odd gem but a lot of pap as well. Simply Red just pointless for me but hey tastes vary.

Coldplay and the Smiths music is just so damned depressing. Most Country has me reaching for the off switch especially the whining chap who did achy breaky heart and all those who sound anything like him.

One I never really got was Elvis. King of rock n roll?? Had a short period of making rock n roll, then had his national service, after which he made 5h1t films and sang crap ballads for the vast majority of his career. Never played Europe, great let down to his fans. I know that was due to the circumstances surrounding his manager but he could have toured without the guy. I don't get the fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Do they still have charts???

Queen I could never get my head round though some interesting arrangements. Jackson did some good stuff, but a lot of pap and you ahve to forget how weird the guy was. Phil Collins again the odd gem but a lot of pap as well. Simply Red just pointless for me but hey tastes vary.
    Yes Swales they still have Sunday at 7pm Radio One . Yes Phil Collins what an arse he is I'm sure he thinks he invented music ,pompous public school prat Wassed of to Switzerland because he couldn't stand Labour being in power ,crept back now I see

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Coldplay and the Smiths music is just so damned depressing. Most Country has me reaching for the off switch especially the whining chap who did achy breaky heart and all those who sound anything like him.

One I never really got was Elvis. King of rock n roll?? Had a short period of making rock n roll, then had his national service, after which he made 5h1t films and sang crap ballads for the vast majority of his career. Never played Europe, great let down to his fans. I know that was due to the circumstances surrounding his manager but he could have toured without the guy. I don't get the fuss.
    MA your not telling me you have never danced to Billy Rae Cyrus achy breaky heart . 😃

I used to feel the same about Elvis, always said I loved Elvis to any fans Elvis Costello that is!

However, you can't ignore his influence especially in the states which kicked off music for the yoof!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA your not telling me you have never danced to Billy Rae Cyrus achy breaky heart . ��
    Mista, I am telling you exactly that.

I used to feel the same about Elvis, always said I loved Elvis to any fans Elvis Costello that is!

However, you can't ignore his influence especially in the states which kicked off music for the yoof!
    No doubting his early influence on the music scene but that was a short lived affair. After that he became a crooner that helped spawn "artists" like Engelbert Humperdink.......... nuff said.

Mista, I am telling you exactly that.
    You have a led a very sheltered life MA bet you didn't know that Miley is his daughter

No doubting his early influence on the music scene but that was a short lived affair. After that he became a crooner that helped spawn "artists" like Engelbert Humperdink.......... nuff said.
    Well the myths always greater than the person, but he really kicked it all off or at least was the one that got noticed. Then the burgers, drink and drugs took hold!

Well the myths always greater than the person, but he really kicked it all off or at least was the one that got noticed. Then the burgers, drink and drugs took hold!
    I concur, I have thousands of folk more knowledgeable than I about the birth of rock’n’roll and most cite Elvis as the one who lit the fuse. Most say there was lots of acts in the mix without breaking the MOR log jam, EP did it and the Buddy, Eddie, blah blah flood started

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)