+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Players

Looking at the numbers of D.Bowman and J.McInally, it seems that neither of them stand out for their goals scored, I would say that they were rather players who stood out for their ability to deliver and work.

Ian Redford from the information that I could find seems to be that he was a central striker who had good ball control and vision of the game, which caused him to be delayed many times to play as a playmaker, is that correct? , and another unmentioned forward is Iain Ferguson this player could be considered a center forward,

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
    Ian Redford from the information that I could find seems to be that he was a central striker who had good ball control and vision of the game, which caused him to be delayed many times to play as a playmaker, is that correct? , and another unmentioned forward is Iain Ferguson this player could be considered a center forward,
    Your initials reminded me of a surprise omission Jim McIntyre

As for his best position...... I can think of one and most on here would agree, not so sure it would feature in any best ever Utd 11 though 😂😂

Redford was a midfielder in most of the matches I saw him play.

Looking at the numbers of D.Bowman and J.McInally, it seems that neither of them stand out for their goals scored, I would say that they were rather players who stood out for their ability to deliver and work.
    Both were combative midfielders in our team.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Your initials reminded me of a surprise omission Jim McIntyre

As for his best position...... I can think of one and most on here would agree, not so sure it would feature in any best ever Utd 11 though ����
    could appear in the best eleven of the UTD, but as coach of the rival team ags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2byNQ8vspWc

could appear in the best eleven of the UTD, but as coach of the rival team ags
    He was a very good player for us but he truly surpassed himself as the manager of our rivals.You may have heard of 10 in a row in Scotland,Celtic got 9 then Glasgow Rangers(RIP) got 9 and now Celtic are going for 10 again.
    Jim McIntyre managed to do what no other coach has achieved in our country's history and delivered the perfect 10 for Dundee Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Always loved watching Redford play, felt he was under rated at times.

Off on a tangent here, but a big GIRFUY to Scott Fraser, Ryan McGowan, and last but not least Coll/Finn Donaldson after their escapades today. SHED RULE #WASC

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)