+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list out

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Booty might be one that we sign at a later stage if he gets fit or once his back issue gets sorted, makes sense to not keep paying him while he's out indefinitely though.

I don't really have any complaints with who we're trying to keep and who we've let go, pleased to see Rawlinson and Slocombe are already signed up and hopefully we can convince Lacey to stay as I'd be amazed if he couldn't get offers elsewhere.

We could've kept Crawford but he's sat on the bench without managing to really make an impact in the first team under 3 different managers in a few years, probably be one that turns out okay but we're not really in a position to hang around much longer waiting for fringe players to develop.

There absolutely no point in comparing Doyle and Crawford too by the way, they both clearly bring vastly different pro's and cons to the side including their experience, you can't think of it like only being able to keep one of them and we've gone for Doyle imo. Look what happened when we let Smith and Edwards leave, whilst Smith wasn't doing much in the first team his presence and experience was missed in the dressing room according to most of the players that were here with him. We don't know what Doyle's playing time will be or how much money he's on but having him in the dressing room is absolutely a positive thing.
    I agree with all of this man, Doyle has to be a positive influence in the dressing room, Crawford going is quite sad as I liked the look of him when he played, Booty had something about him too but injuries could end the chaps career early unfortunately... Not sure on the Wilson one, ok he never really got a run but he looked pretty handy when he did get on and had pace to burn also... My biggest worry is losing Lacey... that would be a total disaster imo.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    A little disappointed regarding Crawford although hardly seen him to judge.

No complaints about Booty from me.

Why aren't we universally celebrating Rose's departure? I'm confused. NCM has rightly been demanding he's dropped from the starting XI so we have to be happy he's been let go right?

It was a surprise he's been let go and I for one am happy. Wish him well wherever he plays next.
    I'm surprised to see Rose released, I suspect it may be because he's had a better offer rather than Ardley not wanting him. I know most will be pleased, but his departure leaves a big gap in the ball-winning midfield area. We'll only know if it's a good thing when we know his replacement.

The old cliche he must be good in the dressing great pro was he a great pro getting himself 3 straight reds this season ?

He is finished but whilst he is fit he will play 90 minutes of every game and NEVER be taken off.

Even when we are completely useless we still dont give youth much chance.

If the players we bring in are an improvement on the players released then surely this is a good thing. I’m surprised people seem disappointed that Booty has been released given people’s apathy in the past to players that spend more time with the physio than they do on the pitch. Crawford has had 2 seasons at Notts and clearly hasn’t improved enough. I saw somewhere that he struggles with new concepts in training which may have hindered his overall development.
    I’m fairly happy that we have kept a core of players and hope the players offered contracts stay too. Add 5/6 players to that and we should be looking to challenge.
    No excuses about players gelling next season.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    The old cliche he must be good in the dressing great pro was he a great pro getting himself 3 straight reds this season ?

He is finished but whilst he is fit he will play 90 minutes of every game and NEVER be taken off.

Roy Keane made an interesting statement recently about the old pros running the changing room at Man Utd. He wasn’t disrespectful of Ferguson, but said little things like keeping younger players in check and supporting there development.
    As much as people like you don’t like it, it’s imperative at all clubs that you have strong leaders within the group. Doyle is one of them. As is JoB.
    Ironically our last 3 ‘successful’ seasons involved teams with older players in it (Munto, Nolan’s dads army and the current mob).
    I trust Ardley and the Reedtz brothers to make good signings, as has already happened in the last 12 months.

Completely useless? Ok if you are on the windup , at least be subtle.

Bring back Pierce Bird, he's young.

I thought it was common knowledge that Rose had a solid offer from Helen Mirren?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Completely useless? Ok if you are on the windup , at least be subtle.

Bring back Pierce Bird, he's young.
    Well we are non league worst we have EVER been so yeah we arent very good are we really.

We have a few stand out players that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm surprised to see Rose released, I suspect it may be because he's had a better offer rather than Ardley not wanting him. I know most will be pleased, but his departure leaves a big gap in the ball-winning midfield area. We'll only know if it's a good thing when we know his replacement.
    We are going to miss his ball winning ability, but not his wayward passing, ability to be caught in possession and all that pointing for other players to do things.

I know if he had been offered a contract and retained , NCM would have blown up in anger and confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Well we are non league worst we have EVER been so yeah we arent very good are we really.

We have a few stand out players that is it.
    What level isn't useless? L2 or L1? Higher?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast