+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list out

Retained list out

Rose released
    Doyle, Dennis, Brindley, Lacey, DKE new offers
    Last edited by irishpete; 04-08-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Booty and Crawford released? Disappointing

We have confirmed our retained list following the conclusion of our 2019-20 Vanarama National League season.

Ten players remain under contract for the forthcoming campaign, while seven others have been offered the opportunity to extend their stay at Meadow Lane.

Sadly, however, five players have been released following the expiration of their contracts and our manager Neal Ardley has praised the contributions they have made towards the club’s resurgence.

“This is always the toughest day in a manager’s calendar, but it’s especially difficult this year as we are saying goodbye to great lads who have given their absolute all to the cause,” said Ardley.

“The relationship I have with these boys goes beyond that of a typical manager and player. They have all bought into mine and the club’s philosophy and helped take us to a play-off final and an FA Trophy semi, achievements we could only have dreamed of at this stage last year.

“Unfortunately football is a cruel sport and disappointing news is par for the course in any player’s career. All I can do is publicly thank each of them for their efforts and wish them all the very best for the future.”

Under contract

Tiernan Brooks

Enzio Boldewijn

Damien McCrory

Jim O’Brien

Connell Rawlinson

Callum Roberts

Sam Slocombe

Wes Thomas

Ben Turner

Kyle Wootton

Out of contract, offered new deal

Richard Brindley

Kristian Dennis

Michael Doyle

Dion Kelly-Evans

Alex Lacey

Joe McDonnell

Sam Osborne

Out of contract, released

Zoumana Bakayogo

Regan Booty

Tom Crawford

Mitch Rose

Scott Wilson

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...d-list-040820/

Disappointed with Booty leaving, probably due to fitness though

Disappointed to see Crawford released just when he was starting to look the part, I think he will be a good signing for a club at this level.

Let's hope the improved recruitment continues when we sign their replacements.

Sad to see Tom Crawford not offered a contract.

If all 7 resign that leaves 7 or 8 places for a 24 or 25 man squad.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 04-08-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Must be a typo there, it says that Doyle and Brindley have been offered new contracts but Crawford has been released.

Hope they put out a correction soon.

One or two odd decisions on the face of it. I know Rose has come under fire but he has started pretty much every game and is also vice captain so to see him released straight off is strange (I imagine he will sign for a new club within the next few days).

Booty, a shame but is he ever going to be fit? The stats show not!

Crawford....I haven’t seen enough of him to make judgment to be honest but I bet there’ll be some upset folk on here!

Some on the retained list raised my eyebrows too but I’ll see what others say first!

Not too bothered about this list, maybe we could have kept Crawford but apart from that it's ok. We need to get alot more energy in around Doyle if Ardley expects him to play alot, energy with ability though please no more Rose's.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    Booty and Crawford released? Disappointing
    Two bright young stars released - Thought we would be building for next season with the likes of the two guided by the two old wise pro's - WTF

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast