+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list out

I'm hoping if Cox goes , as looks likely, Doyle is made player coach, he sets a pretty good example of looking after yourself so that could be a good thing. Also hopefully moves him out of the 'has to play every game' bracket. If we sign two young mids, he can bring them on. Pleased Osbourne has been offered, I'd lioke to see him develop, and he's a good 2nd fiddle option to Enzio and Cal. We need Lacey to sign though, I reckon we'd struggle to find as good and collected CB of his age and level.
    Like Dennis and DKE to stay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    I'm hoping if Cox goes , as looks likely, Doyle is made player coach, he sets a pretty good example of looking after yourself so that could be a good thing. Also hopefully moves him out of the 'has to play every game' bracket. If we sign two young mids, he can bring them on. Pleased Osbourne has been offered, I'd lioke to see him develop, and he's a good 2nd fiddle option to Enzio and Cal. We need Lacey to sign though, I reckon we'd struggle to find as good and collected CB of his age and level.
    Like Dennis and DKE to stay too.
    Assistant manager?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Assistant manager?
    Manager?

Ardley goes to join Cox as his assistant?

Hell no! I just mean use his training ethic more formally. Whether Cox would replaced is another question.

I think its a shame about Crawford but nobody knows how much money he was on for starters and nobody is in a position to judge the fitness potential of Booty either so I am prepared to give Ardley the benefit of the doubt on the premise that their replacements are sufficiently good. Great to see Osborne get a new deal, I think renewing Doyle is a good thing he might even end up manager who knows. Wonderful to just be starting the new season with something resembling the back bone of the side. Lets all hope Lacey and Dennis sign new deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Manager?

Ardley goes to join Cox as his assistant?
    Which would be better from his point of view?

Assistant at Scunny or Manager at Notts?

Would also be further from his family

I'm surprised to see Rose released, I suspect it may be because he's had a better offer rather than Ardley not wanting him. I know most will be pleased, but his departure leaves a big gap in the ball-winning midfield area. We'll only know if it's a good thing when we know his replacement.
    I only ever said he was worth keeping on as a squad player, and I still think the same. He was young, improving, and highly likely to be on a low wage. We'll see how his career goes from here to see whether your sarcastic references are verified or not.
    I wish him well in his future career. But I and others were right weren't we? We didn't need him during the season. Last season he wasn't better than Turner, Lacey, Rawlinson was he?

Not even close IMO. Low wage or not there no point him sat in the stands or on the bench, better that he was loaned out for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Which would be better from his point of view?

Assistant at Scunny or Manager at Notts?

Would also be further from his family
    I was thinking more of my point of view!

I must admit the title of this thread makes a refreshing change from '[insert latest manager/owner's name here] out'

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Booty might be one that we sign at a later stage if he gets fit or once his back issue gets sorted, makes sense to not keep paying him while he's out indefinitely though.

I don't really have any complaints with who we're trying to keep and who we've let go, pleased to see Rawlinson and Slocombe are already signed up and hopefully we can convince Lacey to stay as I'd be amazed if he couldn't get offers elsewhere.

We could've kept Crawford but he's sat on the bench without managing to really make an impact in the first team under 3 different managers in a few years, probably be one that turns out okay but we're not really in a position to hang around much longer waiting for fringe players to develop.

There absolutely no point in comparing Doyle and Crawford too by the way, they both clearly bring vastly different pro's and cons to the side including their experience, you can't think of it like only being able to keep one of them and we've gone for Doyle imo. Look what happened when we let Smith and Edwards leave, whilst Smith wasn't doing much in the first team his presence and experience was missed in the dressing room according to most of the players that were here with him. We don't know what Doyle's playing time will be or how much money he's on but having him in the dressing room is absolutely a positive thing.
    I completely agree with all of this. Look what happened after the league two Nolan playoff season when the likes of Smith, Edwards and Ameobi left. It all fell apart as they were key figures in the dressing room. The likes of Doyle in the dressing room is invaluable.

With the likes of Crawford and Booty we may also have our eye on better players through our new recruitment process? Booty did miss a lot of games last season with injury.

With Rose he may have other options on the table? He’s previously played for Mansfield and Grimsby in the local area. At 26 he may want one last shot in the football league while he’s in his prime?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast