+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Beirut

Shi’ites name important things in their lives after Fatima. The “Fatima Gate”—is the one at the Beirut port. This gate has been operated and controlled by Hezbollah for many years. The organization uses it to import and export whatever it wants without going through customs or inspection.

The usual cargo imported through Fatima Gate is missiles, missile parts, explosives and raw materials for the group’s military industry. Fatima Gate is also used by Hezbollah to export drugs, by which it finances some of its operations. This past April, Lebanese authorities seized a shipment of 25 tons of cannabis

Now that the Fatima Gate has been destroyed along with the rest of the port, Hezbollah will transfer its smuggling operations to the airport in southern Beirut and probably also to the small ports of Sidon and Tyre. Intelligence agencies all over the world need to focus on these sites, but also on Syria’s airports and on the third “Fatima Gate”: the one between Syria and Lebanon, which is also controlled by Hezbollah and not by the Lebanese authorities.

Hezbollah’s capacity to replace Beirut with the above-mentioned locations is the reason why it remains the most powerful force in Lebanon despite the damage it suffered at Beirut Port. It is able to remain in control despite Lebanon’s economic and political crisis. After all, the agony of the Lebanese people makes it easier for Hezbollah to take advantage of the conscience of the world and dip into its pockets, particularly those of Saudi Arabia.

Hezbollah destroys the country, killing and injuring its citizens, and the world pays it to rehabilitate the ruins.

I was reading another report on the Lebanse situation on the BBC yesterday Balan, they were talikg about a corrupt, dysfunctional government, they were even talking about 'War Lords', but of Hezbollah, nothing, not a mention, it's as though Hezbollah don't exist. But that's the level of media coverage, Israel, Syria, Lebanon etc. gets in this country nowadays, not much more than infantile, lefty propaganda.

What's the Israeli perception of the Hezbollah political wing the "Loyalty to the Resistance Bloc Party" Balan, which I thought was democratically elected into the Lebanese parliament?

Not nit picking Balan - just asking. Do the Iranians fund them and does Iran consider it to be a "Terrorist Organisation" and if so does the alliance threaten Israel?

Sinkov : No wonder that some people are against Israel,with a coverage like that . Yes each group has its leaders ,the Druiz ,the Christians ,and the Sunnis ,plus the Hezbollah (Shia), so Hezbollah are supported by Iran,and with the help of Syria,you can guess how powerful they are now.I would say they rule Lebanon. The UN is stationed there what the hell it does I would not know and certainly not what it should If it is to keep and avoid the peace ,It is called The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon,UNIFIL, and is a peace keeping mission.Then how can you explain how does Hezbollah have over 150 K missiles there? How is it we discovered 6 tunnels that they were digging into Israel?

https://youtu.be/NiNbnWnB-8g

https://youtu.be/cb_4bKGM-7M

Hezbollah is opening an illegal border crossing from Lebanon into Syria. Jerry Maher, a Lebanese political analyst, said Hezbollah and its networks have long been using illegal routes for smuggling between Lebanon and Syria, but the opening of an “actual border crossing” would likely facilitate further activities by the militant group that violate international sanctions. Who can stop them in Lebanon ,they rule Lebanon ?

When I served in the IDF on the Lebanese border I was told by some UN personal that ,the UN can not do much ,a group of Hezbullah fighters beat up some UN personal and took their weapons.
    They sit near the border ,which is a violation of the UN resolution 701
    The Security Council, Decides, in the light of the request of the Government of Lebanon, to establish immediately under its authority a United Nations interim force for Southern Lebanon for the purpose of confirming the withdrawal of Israeli forces, ....restoring international peace and security...... and assisting the Government of Lebanon in ensuring the return of its effective authority in the area, the Force to be composed of personnel drawn from Member States. So how can Hezbollah implement in effect 150 k missiles in Lebanon?

BT : So far as I know there is no military and political wings of Hezbullah ,its all one, and their leader is Hassan Nasrallah, Lebanese militia and political leader. Most Israelis think of him as hiding in a bunker somewhere in Lebanon,why does Israel not take him out? Perhaps with him there ,he is all Blah,blah,blah??
    Do the Iranians fund them? Of course ! In order to create chaos in the M E ,Iran uses its proxy groups Hamas ,Hezbullah and in Yemen the Houthis. These groups have a friendship with Iran. I would think when Iran wants any of these groups to shift attention elsewhere it just orders them into action For example Hamas fired rockets into the sea ???Then Israel would not respond ,but yesterday they flew incendiary balloons into Israel,in this case Israel struck Gaza.

U.S. backs Israel demand for UN to bolster UNIFIL powers
    Security Council at odds over changes to UNIFIL peacekeeping operation as Washington and Jerusalem urge international body to grant it more authority to ensure Hezbollah's compliance with United Nations resolutions

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/ByOkWfWGw

In Gaza
    Israel threatens ‘forceful’ response as over 60 fires sparked by arson balloons.
    Gantz says Israel could follow up closure of crossing with harsher measures; PM blames Iran, says Israel will exact ‘heavy price’ if attacks persist.

Sounds like a proper, unholy **** fest to me Balan.

I will research it, but I am certain Hezbollah has a military wing and a political wing.

Corbyn got crucified for inviting the leader of the political wing into the House of Commons dining room.

Now if I wanted to blame the Israelis for obliterating the Beirut port I would look no further than a militant group based in Lebanon. Namely Hezbollah's paramilitary wing, somewhat whimsically referred to as the Jihad Council.

BT: How they arrange it ,between a political and military,(???) But Hassan Nasrallah is the third and current Secretary General of the Lebanese political and paramilitary party Hezbollah since his predecessor, Abbas al-Musawi, was assassinated by the Israel Defense Forces in February 1992.
    Nasrallah is credited in Lebanon and the Arab world for ending the Israeli occupation of the South of Lebanon, something which has greatly bolstered the party's political standing within Lebanon.
    Nasrallah played a major role in a complex prisoner exchange deal between Israel and Hezbollah in 2004, resulting in hundreds of Palestinian and Lebanese prisoners being freed and many human remains, including that of his son, being returned to Lebanon.The agreement was described across the Arab world as a magnificent victory for Hezbollah, and Nasrallah was personally praised for achieving these gains
    Nasrallah negotiated a Memorandum of Understanding with the Free Patriotic Movement headed by Michel Aoun, the former premier and a Maronite Christian.

In an interview with The Washington Post, in 2000, Nasrallah said "I am against any reconciliation with Israel. I do not even recognize the presence of a state that is called 'Israel.' I consider its presence both unjust and unlawful. That is why if Lebanon concludes a peace agreement with Israel and brings that accord to the Parliament our deputies will reject it; Hezbollah refuses any conciliation with Israel in principle."

Nasrallah said "I am against any reconciliation with Israel.......so who is the Boss?
    '' our deputies will reject it.'' He does not say ''Our political leaders!'' Nassrallah is their leader and tells them what to do!

BT: If they wanted to blame Israel ,and a disaster so big ,they need to show proof? How could the Israelis do it ? Then various examples before have been seen or given , welders , a series of fires seen ? How could the Israelis enter into a port which is controlled by Hezbullah?If a bomb was planted there ,how could they enter a port it was afternoon.even seen on radar some boat, (speed boat?). Plus if the people living near knew so much Ammonium nitrate was stored there,they would have held demonstrations,perhaps just port authorities knew?

Meanwhile .....12:8: 20. Over 20 fires break out in southern Israel due to incendiary balloons
    Gantz approves reducing the fishing zone off the Gaza coast from 15 to 8 nautical miles after 7th straight day of attacks that see Gaza militants launch explosive devices attached to balloons into Israel; in first, Israel deploys balloon defense system

Red Alert: Israel - Apps on Google Play - Red Alert provides real time alerts every time a terrorist fires rockets, mortars or missiles into the State of Israel.

So tonight a little warm in Gaza

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)