+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marek Rodak

Marek Rodak

What a fairytale for him. Three seasons ago, he couldn't even get in the Fulham side on a regular basis, I believe he was 3rd choice.

He came to us on loan and through good management and training, he returned to Fulham and claimed the number 1 jersey slot. Fast forward another season and he's now a Premiership player. How football fortunes can change in a blink of an eye.

Always thought he was suspect at coming out to collect etc but, he seems to have improved no end. Had a steady game tonight and a good reaction diving collect after 24 minutes in extra time. A bit of kidology with cramp, how can goalies get cramp?

Certainly upped his CV so good look to the lad.

Yes good luck to the lad but I think he will have back ache after a season in the prem.

Well done Rodak and let’s hope you keep the number one place but you’ll have to step it up

Good luck

Watching the game in a bar in Turkey, wanting Rodak & Fulham to do it. We ought to have had some commission to our club, after he had his apprenticeship with the Millers. When you look what a good footballing team Brentford was, it must have been heart breaking for the team to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Watching the game in a bar in Turkey, wanting Rodak & Fulham to do it. We ought to have had some commission to our club, after he had his apprenticeship with the Millers. When you look what a good footballing team Brentford was, it must have been heart breaking for the team to lose.
    It can only be good that Rodak developed his game with us. Maybe it will encourage other teams to send players on loan.

We aren't the team with next to no back-up and facilities anymore.

Might need a defensive coach but generally we are a good club to send players to.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What a fairytale for him. Three seasons ago, he couldn't even get in the Fulham side on a regular basis, I believe he was 3rd choice.

He came to us on loan and through good management and training, he returned to Fulham and claimed the number 1 jersey slot. Fast forward another season and he's now a Premiership player. How football fortunes can change in a blink of an eye.

Always thought he was suspect at coming out to collect etc but, he seems to have improved no end. Had a steady game tonight and a good reaction diving collect after 24 minutes in extra time. A bit of kidology with cramp, how can goalies get cramp?

Certainly upped his CV so good look to the lad.
    I wouldn't say that three years is exactly "the blink of an eye" Brin. It represents a sizeable chunk of the average footballing career.

He'll be alright and he'll be as good as most in the Premier.He did very well for us and I know he was under a long contract at Fulham so we had no chance of signing him permanently,Moore's the pity Good luck next season Marek.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I wouldn't say that three years is exactly "the blink of an eye" Brin. It represents a sizeable chunk of the average footballing career.
    Totally unrelated but 3 years IS the average career length in the NFL. 'Soccer' players have it easy with 10,15,20 year careers

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Totally unrelated but 3 years IS the average career length in the NFL. 'Soccer' players have it easy with 10,15,20 year careers
    Unless you are Kevin OAP Ellison when it’s 30 years!

Just noticed Rodak made the Gardians team of the season.
    In League One we had the two Dan's Iversen and Barlaser.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...season-2019-20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast