+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You Have To Feel For Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    They dint steal Pinnock mate, they paid good money for him. We stole Pinnock off Forest Green Rovers for 500k
    In this day and age though Pass, I dont think any of our 'best' player sales will really match up to what they are worth to us.
    Especially when we replace them with an unknown cheapo!.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    They dint steal Pinnock mate, they paid good money for him. We stole Pinnock off Forest Green Rovers for 500k
    Great fleas ev little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em
    And little fleas ev lesser fleas, and so ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Great fleas ev little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em. And little fleas ev lesser fleas, and so ad infinitum.
    Ohh hark at David Attenbrough here, going on about animals and wildlife lol. Hey SB, I expect a full debate about elephants on this thread first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ohh hark at David Attenbrough here, going on about animals and wildlife lol. Hey SB, I expect a full debate about elephants on this thread first thing in the morning.
    When considering the nature of cut and thrust debate Acido you are the elephant in the room.
    Last edited by Acido; 06-08-2020 at 05:34 PM.

When considering the nature of cut and thrust debate Acido you are the elephant in the room.
    Soz SB, I clicked on Edit rather than reply with quote. Its hard to write messages on this phone!!.

Anyway where was I... oohh yess... Boom boom, Basil Brush is still alive and well I see.
    Going back to a previous comment though, I dont think we ever get a 'good enough' price for our top players. Compared to teams like Brentford & Peterbrough for example, who always come out of it better than they started financially.

Soz SB, I clicked on Edit rather than reply with quote. Its hard to write messages on this phone!!.

Anyway where was I... oohh yess... Boom boom, Basil Brush is still alive and well I see.
    Going back to a previous comment though, I dont think we ever get a 'good enough' price for our top players. Compared to teams like Brentford & Peterbrough for example, who always come out of it better than they started financially.
    Not fo first time Acido a carn't fathem wot tharronnabart.

Not fo first time Acido a carn't fathem wot tharronnabart.
    Ok I'll let you off on that one SB lol.

Pass suggested that Brentford gave us good money for Pinnock. But my idea is that we never get what the players are worth, especially when you look at the modern day over inflated transfer market.
    McAntony at Peterbrough is a moron, but hes got a sound head when it comes to finances and selling his Peterbrough players for a ridiculous profit. It always bugs me that we seem to accept offers way too easily because they 'sound' good.

Ok I'll let you off on that one SB lol.

Pass suggested that Brentford gave us good money for Pinnock. But my idea is that we never get what the players are worth, especially when you look at the modern day over inflated transfer market.
    McAntony at Peterbrough is a moron, but hes got a sound head when it comes to finances and selling his Peterbrough players for a ridiculous profit. It always bugs me that we seem to accept offers way too easily because they 'sound' good.
    You have to bear in mind most of the players who Peterborough have sold for good money were forwards .

Forwards attract premium rates .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You have to bear in mind most of the players who Peterborough have sold for good money were forwards .
    Forwards attract premium rates .
    Yes maybe your right Animal, after all 'goals win games' dont they!.
    Who on here will look back now and say we sold Ashley Ward 'cheaply' to Blackburn in 1998, for 4.5 Mill ?.
    And dont even get me started eh on what we tribunally-sold Trevor Aylott to Millwall for, back in 1982.

Btw, does anybody want to join in on my thread with the Rotherham fans ?.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38264492
    Last edited by Acido; 06-08-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Yes maybe your right Animal, after all 'goals win games' dont they!.
    Who on here will look back now and say we sold Ashley Ward 'cheaply' to Blackburn in 1998, for 4.5 Mill ?.
    And dont even get me started eh on what we tribunally-sold Trevor Aylott to Millwall for, back in 1982.

Btw, does anybody want to join in on my thread with the Rotherham fans ?.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38264492
    No .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast