+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any sympathies for Pontus?

Any sympathies for Pontus?

I do have a little, but perhaps if he hadn’t been so gobby he’d have been a championship winner.
    Last edited by Billyni; 04-08-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Always liked the man with the magic hat - I hope he gets a chance to play in the prem before he’s done.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Always liked the man with the magic hat - I hope he gets a chance to play in the prem before he’s done.
    I think he's a decent championship defender who suffers from a temperament problem that stops him developing further. The temper problem and the over-confidence are his achilles heal. The irony is that if he had bowed to MB's wisdom and knuckled down, he could have become a much better player - he was always better than Cooper and look at them both now.

I'd have him back, if he wanted to change and improve.

non whatsoever, decent player but was vastly overrated and never showed up for the big games. Had an inflated view of himself.

Will always be part of Leeds journey back, have had far worse players.

12 months is a long time in football...

He's had some injuries, was a cult hero for a while, we were fretting when we only signed a young unknown as his replacement, he should have had the wisdom to take in MB's coaching.

Its tough to miss out 2 years on trot in play-offs, don't think would be a step forward bringing him back, wish him well though.

Maybe but I think he was great for us when he first joined as he was a rallying point for fans and less confident players.

Definitely, I always liked the guy, and personally agreed with his tantrum about giving villa a goal at the time, the guy couldn't stomach it - even if he WAS wrong in going against his manager. Never asked for a move and from what I have read he has stayed in touch with many of the players and has wished them well and congratualted them since we got promoted.

Agree that had he stayed and knuckled down [Though that wasn't up to him] we would have had a more robust defence when Cooper was out this season - and he would have been heading to the premier league now.

Good luck in the future Pontus!

Nope.

It's a professional game - you make your choices and live or die by them.

I don't bear him any ill will either; he (mostly) did a good job for us and at least added a threat at corners!

Good player, should have abided by bielsa rules, trying to keep having extra time off instead off knuckling down was unforgivable, a disruptive presence, but could and should have made a formidable partnership with either Cooper or White.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Nope.

It's a professional game - you make your choices and live or die by them.

I don't bear him any ill will either; he (mostly) did a good job for us and at least added a threat at corners!
    Agree, dont bear him any ill will, but defo wanted our lot promoted before his new team!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)