+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid Table Mediocrity .

Mid Table Mediocrity .

Oh aye , all day long next season .

56 to 60 points will do me , a bit of unspectacular progress if you will .

Bare minimum for me and where the bar is set .

I’m thinking we won’t be in a mess like this season. I’ll be happy with seventh from top

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’m thinking we won’t be in a mess like this season. I’ll be happy with seventh from top
    The last time we were 7th from top in the Championship was the start of our struggles .

I'll take an under the radar solid campaign and boring as feck personally with an unspectacular 56 points .

could be very interesting next season for relegation between us Rotherham Wycombe Coventry Birmingham Luton.

For me It all depends on who we lose, getting this group of lads to learn on the job was never gonna work! They have settled into a team now and our results since Struber took over have been impressive.
    I was heartened to see Sibbick offloaded for the season, so hopefully the 3 B's will go as well soon Bambo, Brown and Bahre? Offload fringe players like Miller who will never be good enough.
    Bring in Ludewig another experienced Centre Back, Midfielder a decent Winger and possibly another back up striker and we will be good to go? I think we have unearthed the best Goalkeeper in the Championship in Walton, the central defence have improved no end, I can't believe how Mads has changed it around it's like he's a different player, I think Schmidt will score loads next season now he's had a season to settle and Sollbauer should be made Captain.
    However I can see Woodrow, Mowatt & Chaplin leaving and Walton as well if someone comes in with a decent offer which is possible after how he performed when he came in!!
    We will see but for once I'm optimistic? Wonder if I will be in a few weeks........

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    For me It all depends on who we lose, getting this group of lads to learn on the job was never gonna work! They have settled into a team now and our results since Struber took over have been impressive.
    I was heartened to see Sibbick offloaded for the season, so hopefully the 3 B's will go as well soon Bambo, Brown and Bahre? Offload fringe players like Miller who will never be good enough.
    Bring in Ludewig another experienced Centre Back, Midfielder a decent Winger and possibly another back up striker and we will be good to go? I think we have unearthed the best Goalkeeper in the Championship in Walton, the central defence have improved no end, I can't believe how Mads has changed it around it's like he's a different player, I think Schmidt will score loads next season now he's had a season to settle and Sollbauer should be made Captain.
    However I can see Woodrow, Mowatt & Chaplin leaving and Walton as well if someone comes in with a decent offer which is possible after how he performed when he came in!!
    We will see but for once I'm optimistic? Wonder if I will be in a few weeks........
    Me too.

Good post Perky - me too let's see what happens in the next few weeks

I’m thinking the exact opposite.
    It’s again going to be stressful at the end of next season but for totally different reasons.
    We will be in or around a play off place.
    But - as some have mentioned - that very much depends on who leaves and who comes in.
    Especially keeping Struber.

Ok look, all joking aside and now that we're done celebrating etc. The REAL work starts here.
    Id gladly take a few horrible mid table finishes if I could, instead of these dramatic last day relegation escape acts. They are brilliant when they work out, but they dont hide the fact that its been a sh*it season overall.
    Do the owners really accept that they have done wrong here. Regarding not backing and sacking Stendel, and the appalling recruitment ?. How many teams get by in the Champship eh, by selling their best players and replacing them with unknown cheap rubbish, with a view to selling them on for a profit in a year or two!!.

We do want to re-claim our status again, as the team who have spent more years in this league than any other team. But on top of that, I want to see us not just survive, I want to see us compete and be able to whinge about a 'boring' mid table finish.

Owners, Mr Lee & co, its up to YOU.

Despite all the euphoria of the final day when all our ducks fell in a row right up to the last seconds I am not blinded to the fact we gorra way wi it big time in staying up. That Struber must ev been ovva to Ireland to kiss the Blarney Stone. In the end it relied on the Wigan owner not being willing to wait three or four weeks until the season ended before purrin them into administration for us to stay up because, on the field, we finished in the bottom three.
    That nine game spirit after lockdarn is impossible to maintain over a Championship season. If Struber does stay I predict the same old carry on of a sacking in November after a poor start trying to gel new youngsters. This talk of mid table security or even flirting with the Play Offs is pure fantasy fo me. Another season of struggle on the cards in my opinion.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 06-08-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast