+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roofe a Hun now

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

Defo banter WS !

Being female,born Leeds-Yorkshire with Irish Catholic parentage,living as French resident Scum are scum end of !
    MOT
    Thats OK then Mrs O lol... No F%cker move , their not getting past us... We are Leeds

Ever since I was a kid I cannot remember folks of the Leeds Irish centre social club calling Rangers as Rangers,just everything other than Rangers.The Irish centre in Leeds still runs a coach to Parkhead as they did with the Leeds Revie years.Even the St Patrick's boxing gym in Leeds was covered in pics of Celtic particularly their 1967 Euro Cup team and today the local Irish bar near in La Baule where I live has that picture with Jock Stein '67 in pride of place - hell of a fan base I'll give 'em that but so have we !
    MOT

Ha, disparaging remarks, knocking the shyte out of each other, sure it's all banter at the end of the day ...Another What if moment remembered... Jock Stein, had he stayed and not left so quickly for Scotland job... maybe them wilderness years could have been less wilderly

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Ha, disparaging remarks, knocking the shyte out of each other, sure it's all banter at the end of the day ...Another What if moment remembered... Jock Stein, had he stayed and not left so quickly for Scotland job... maybe them wilderness years could have been less wilderly
    Yss, there have been a few pivotal moments in Leeds history that for the most part have gone against us. What if we hadn't lost that European Cup final in '75? We probably wouldn't have been banned from Europe. What if we hadn't sold Cantona to Scum? What if we hadnt lost to Wigan? Leading 1-0 at home against 10 men. Do you realize in the Bielsa Era, that stands as the only League game we have lost after scoring first? In fact after scoring first there are only 4 games we have even drawn, in 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Yss, there have been a few pivotal moments in Leeds history that for the most part have gone against us. What if we hadn't lost that European Cup final in '75? We probably wouldn't have been banned from Europe. What if we hadn't sold Cantona to Scum? What if we hadnt lost to Wigan? Leading 1-0 at home against 10 men. Do you realize in the Bielsa Era, that stands as the only League game we have lost after scoring first? In fact after scoring first there are only 4 games we have even drawn, in 2 seasons.
    I put up a thread a few years back with a list of stuff including ref Ray Tinkler v West Brom, then there is Christos Michos in Greece (who i think was far more biased than the cheat in the European Cup Final Michel Kitabdjian, selling McQueen and Jordan to them shysters was a real kick in the gonads at the time too

87 stands out for me also, a limited side that tried hard, minutes from a cup final, and that playoff decider, Sheridan put us one foot back inside Div 1, with minutes to go with a sublime freekick, only for a guy who had never scored a goal in a long undistinguished career to knock in 2 as quick as you like! i was gutted after that one, i think more so than any other defeat that springs to mind.

Selling Tony Currie to QPR in 1979 hurt too especially when Jimmy Adamson got Sabella from Blunts to replace him - Currie later stated he'd only moved 'cos his wife wanted a return to London,Jeez Currie was magic !
    MOT

Ever since I was a kid I cannot remember folks of the Leeds Irish centre social club calling Rangers as Rangers,just everything other than Rangers.The Irish centre in Leeds still runs a coach to Parkhead as they did with the Leeds Revie years.Even the St Patrick's boxing gym in Leeds was covered in pics of Celtic particularly their 1967 Euro Cup team and today the local Irish bar near in La Baule where I live has that picture with Jock Stein '67 in pride of place - hell of a fan base I'll give 'em that but so have we !
    MOT
    God you have a vast Knowledge about Leeds united, an a memory also , i think there is only one other women
    with more gill.

Selling Tony Currie to QPR in 1979 hurt too especially when Jimmy Adamson got Sabella from Blunts to replace him - Currie later stated he'd only moved 'cos his wife wanted a return to London,Jeez Currie was magic !
    MOT
    Currie was a fantastic player in a fantastic team have to agree

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Currie was a fantastic player in a fantastic team have to agree
    I remember we played away at Arsenal and Liam Brady played him off the pitch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)