+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There’s only 1 F in Fulham!!

There’s only 1 F in Fulham!!

It’s fair to say that after watching last nights uninspiring Play Off final, that the best team ended up going into the PL. As a spectacle, the game was largely disappointing ,with both teams trying their best not to lose ,instead of trying to win. Scott Parker proved himself to be the more astute manager , and tactically, he got it spot on ,nullifying the threat of Watkins and Benrhamina. By playing deep they were able to stop Brentford going into the danger area and limiting their chances. If you were a big club ,looking to sign either of these two, after last night, I think your interest would have cooled .
    In Scott Parker , you may be looking at a future England manager, in the mould of Gareth Southgate. Having been beaten twice by the Bees already this season, he clearly didn’t want to make it three in a row.Listening to the summary of the game, it appears that Fulham were well aware that the Brentford goalie went walkabout, and had already identified this as a weakness, from which the opening goal was taken in spectacular fashion.
    Let’s hope that they learn from spending over £100m and failing, on their previous visit to the PL., and if they do, maybe this friendly ,family , club could stay up next season. I hope so.

As long as it not at our expense eh malwayne?

I thought it might be a cracking game, so I watched it. It wasn't, it was like watching paint dry.

I also was looking forward to it but Matrons Holby City was on so I let her watch her program then watched the second half, very disapointed with both teams, I expected more.

As for Scott Parker being in the mould of Southgate ? Scott Parker has a long way to go before he can really prove himself as a Club Manager before anything else, holding him in the same light as Southgate again means nothing to me as Southgate IMO has done nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I also was looking forward to it but Matrons Holby City was on so I let her watch her program then watched the second half, very disapointed with both teams, I expected more.

As for Scott Parker being in the mould of Southgate ? Scott Parker has a long way to go before he can really prove himself as a Club Manager before anything else, holding him in the same light as Southgate again means nothing to me as Southgate IMO has done nothing out of the ordinary yet.
    Parker has a good pedigree, he's a southerner, a FA darling, what can possibly go wrong Alto?

That’s right BT , not at our expense. With regards to Parker being the next England manager, the points you made, were the ones I was getting at. He would suit the English FA down to the ground. He fits all the categories.

I always thought he was odd, when he was playing for Charlton I thought he was an average player, but my best friends son and many Charlton fans thought he was brilliant, just goes to show how folk differ with players abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I always thought he was odd, when he was playing for Charlton I thought he was an average player, but my best friends son and many Charlton fans thought he was brilliant, just goes to show how folk differ with players abilities.
    A few of my Addicks acquittances thought JBG was the Racing Dog's Bollox too Alto.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)