+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul's fight to sort out Football Governance

Paul's fight to sort out Football Governance

On the 27th July the club issued an Official Statement vowing to feyt to sort out the way football is governed. Statements such as--

"What Barnsley FC cannot accept is the blatant disregard for sporting/competitive integrity and the lack of governance in our division"

"It is clear there has to be a change to the system. Just as our coaching staff, players, club employees and supporters have fought this season, so too will your club continue the fight by all means necessary".

I hope this was not just self interest bluff and bluster and, having seen the EFL deduct Wigan 12 pts and then successfully defend an appeal. this desire to continue and lead the fight on behalf of football clubs generally will show itself in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 05-08-2020 at 11:04 AM.

9 clubs backing Charlton up in their fight I've read this morning .

I'd like to think we are one of em .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    9 clubs backing Charlton up in their fight I've read this morning .

I'd like to think we are one of em .
    Is this Charlton-v-Sheff Wed not evvin the 12 pts docked this season and being relegated instead of Charlton ?

The BFC Official Statement was more general ie the whole system needs sooartin.

Did any other club back us as a matter of interest ?

I'm alright Jack springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Is this Charlton-v-Sheff Wed not evvin the 12 pts docked this season and being relegated instead of Charlton ?

The BFC Official Statement was more general ie the whole system needs sooartin.

Did any other club back us as a matter of interest ?
    I believe that's the issue SB , Wendy escaping with the 12 point deduction the season just gone .