+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grandson Mingling Again

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Was he born a Smoggy though?
    Nope! Born and bred in Sunderland and proud of it!

Maybe it's just me, I find him an OK player, steady away most of the time, but nowhere near the superstar the media make him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Maybe it's just me, I find him an OK player, steady away most of the time, but nowhere near the superstar the media make him out to be.
    He ain't fit to lace Gerrard's boots. I would rather have Westwood and Cork in our midfield any day of the week and twice on a Sunday instead of Henderson. I just do not rate him at all.

I love the fact that a player who played 11 seasons in the Premier League and averaged over 30 appearances per season, in spite of missing over half of one season with injury, is not good enough to play for the Clarets.
    He has made 338 PL appearances and has only received 35 cautions and 2 dismissals whilst captaining his club to becoming Champions of Europe, winning the UEFA Super Cup, The FIFA Club World Cup and the Premier League Championship and becoming the Player of the Year.
    All this while playing an average of 50+ games per season, I think that I would be considering giving him a place in my team if he was available but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I love the fact that a player who played 11 seasons in the Premier League and averaged over 30 appearances per season, in spite of missing over half of one season with injury, is not good enough to play for the Clarets.
    He has made 338 PL appearances and has only received 35 cautions and 2 dismissals whilst captaining his club to becoming Champions of Europe, winning the UEFA Super Cup, The FIFA Club World Cup and the Premier League Championship and becoming the Player of the Year.
    All this while playing an average of 50+ games per season, I think that I would be considering giving him a place in my team if he was available but what do I know?
    We all know BT knows phook all about football Ashy,that last statement of his just proves it.

You've got to look at the bigger picture Sub, if he'd been any good Sunderland would never have let him go.

You've got to look at the bigger picture Sub, if he'd been any good Sunderland would never have let him go.

All well and good supersub6, but I just don't rate him. The great thing about football is it brings divided opinions and lots of them. I stick to my assertion that Henderson is nowhere near as good as Gerrard. He'd be handy on our bench though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I stick to my assertion that Henderson is nowhere near as good as Gerrard.
    This is part of his problem imo, he thinks he's Gerrard, if he would cut out the Hollywood passes he'd be a better player, but the media loves a Hollywood pass, that's why they were all over Gerrard as well.

This is part of his problem imo, he thinks he's Gerrard, if he would cut out the Hollywood passes he'd be a better player, but the media loves a Hollywood pass, that's why they were all over Gerrard as well.
    Why should he think that he is Gerrard? He has won more than Gerrard did just by being Jordan Henderson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)