+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grandson Mingling Again

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Why should he think that he is Gerrard? He has won more than Gerrard did just by being Jordan Henderson
    Could you imagine Gerrard playing behind Firminho, Salah & Mane?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Could you imagine Gerrard playing behind Firminho, Salah & Mane?
    He played with Suarez (31) and Sturridge (21) in a season when Liverpool scored 101 goals but they did not become Champions.
    Salah, Mane and Firminho only scored 46 goals between them in the PL but they still won the League and I think that Gerrard would have struggled playing alongside them last season ---unlike Henderson.

He played with Suarez (31) and Sturridge (21) in a season when Liverpool scored 101 goals but they did not become Champions.
    Salah, Mane and Firminho only scored 46 goals between them in the PL but they still won the League and I think that Gerrard would have struggled playing alongside them last season ---unlike Henderson.
    Are you seriously suggesting Henderson is a better player than Gerrard was?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting Henderson is a better player than Gerrard was?
    Where did I say that?
    I pointed out that Henderson, in 9 seasons, had won as much as Gerrard did in 16 seasons and Gerrard never won the Premier League .
    There is no point in comparing players because they all offer something different and have to be able to perform in a team.
    You don't rate Henderson ---fair enough, however, his manager obviously does and that is all that matters to Henderson.

Why should he think that he is Gerrard? He has won more than Gerrard did just by being Jordan Henderson
    I think it's perfectly natural Sub, he's following in the footsteps of a Liverpool and England legend, why would he not want to emulate him ? I can't think of any other reason why he tries even more Hollywood passes than his hero did, and with even less success, very few of Gerrard's
    ever reached their intended target, even less of Henderson's do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)