+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Old Rishi

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Predictable that there are people cheating the Eat out to Help Out scheme, thus cheating the taxpayer. Restaurants billing alcoholic drinks as soft drinks so they can claim the rebate, also claiming, say, four people dining when there were only two, thus claiming double the rebate. They should be closed down. Also predictable that the sad souls going to McDonald’s and Burger King, and such like, claiming that they are going to eat in, get the discount, then just walk out with their so-called food. So many good people about. Not.
    When we booked it wasn't part of the govt scheme but it is our favourite seafood restaurant. Wasn't until we got the bill we realised we were getting the deal. Asked the owner why and he said he had so many non locals (or c0ckneys as we like to call em) aggressively demanding a discount he had decided to sign up.

As in so many aspects of life how sad just a few have to spoil it for the rest.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 08-08-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Until this country turns them back and gives them NOTHING - they will keep coming! Absolutely shocking seeing all these people allowed in when many of our own are going through hardship. Do we really think the French are trying to stop them!!
    Makes me smile how many threads on this board mutate into something totally different. In this case my pleasant lunch into the migrant crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Makes me smile how many threads on this board mutate into something totally different. In this case my pleasant lunch into the migrant crisis!

I agree! Being charitable today - I would give them a " pleasant lunch too " and then dump them back where they came from. Harsh? Not really as questions need to be asked - why the f uck do they keep coming? No benefits either for immigrants for at least three years and they should be made to work to earn their shelter/meals. There's no such thing as a free lunch - ask all our elderly folk who freeze as they can't afford heating in winter!

There is a tenuous link ...some of the illegals are being "detained" here...plenty of Lobsters on the menu,I bet
    http://www.chimneyhouse-hotel.co.uk/

Went for a stroll around Brighton last night. People queuing to get in bars, every restaurant booked up, little sign of social distancing. Local restaurant owners wish this had been organised in quieter months. They reckon govt thought people would need coaxing to get spending but it's certainly not the case in the resorts. Every night deal or no deal is busy. Similar where you are?

On a slightly different note never seen so many tents on the local campsites on The Downs. Farmers opening up new fields and getting plenty of customers. Sales of camping gear massively increased.

I'm taking advantage of the 50% tonight in Harvester and have done for the past couple of weeks. When all this is over at the end of August I can see a few places closing their doors for good.

Went for a stroll around Brighton last night. People queuing to get in bars, every restaurant booked up, little sign of social distancing. Local restaurant owners wish this had been organised in quieter months. They reckon govt thought people would need coaxing to get spending but it's certainly not the case in the resorts. Every night deal or no deal is busy. Similar where you are?

On a slightly different note never seen so many tents on the local campsites on The Downs. Farmers opening up new fields and getting plenty of customers. Sales of camping gear massively increased.
    Brighton is a total nightmare. Met a young couple from there at our village local last week. They said they couldn't wait to get away from the place and found the social distancing at our pub really refreshing compared to the new normal which they are having to get used to.

Went out to our favourite pub for lunch today. Found out they were in the scheme - excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Epsombaggie View Post
    Brighton is a total nightmare. Met a young couple from there at our village local last week. They said they couldn't wait to get away from the place and found the social distancing at our pub really refreshing compared to the new normal which they are having to get used to.

Went out to our favourite pub for lunch today. Found out they were in the scheme - excellent
    Usually I love the feel and the buzz of Brighton but last night didn't go in anywhere. It's our first visit since lockdown we have been choosing quieter places. I suggest most resorts are the same as people relax on hols and forget Covid!
    Wouldn't want to live there unless I was young and without a family then I think it would be a great place to live with so much happening. All my 3 kids have lived there at different times. But at my age great to visit great to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Until this country turns them back and gives them NOTHING - they will keep coming! Absolutely shocking seeing all these people allowed in when many of our own are going through hardship. Do we really think the French are trying to stop them!!
    Who do you blame for that then, the Tory Government?

On a bike ride with 3 mates tonight we stopped for a quick pint of Guinness at a country pub - 24 quid! Used to love the place but won't be going back ever again on principle, a local FB group reported fillet steak and chips cost £46.50 before you've even had a drink or starter. Mental.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)