+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COVID Vaccine - Would You?

I get the flu jab every year and have done for a while now. From memory I think they vaccinate using a combination of five predicted/anticipated strains. I know I'm still susceptible to the flu with the jab but I'm happy to rule out five potential causes. If a scientifically tested vaccine for Covid becomes available I'd definitely be in the queue.

When I go to the docs, there is a sign on the waiting room wall. If you have cold or flu symptoms don't come here, stay at home, keep warm and drink plenty of fluids.
    I asked a doctor what was the best thing to take for flu, he said hot lemon the same as me.
    There are no cures for flu and the common cold because they are a virus, a Coronavirus. Covid 19 is just another member of the family.
    I said at the start of the outbreak that there will be no cure because viruses mutate.
    I never have a flu jab because it's last year's virus. People who I know who have them say it knocks them about for a few days, hardly surprising if you inject sh1t into your bloodstream. People who have a flu jab are similar to the one's who bled themselves in the middle ages.
    So I stand by what i say, they won't find a vaccine that cures Covid 19 but that doesn't mean that they won't produce one. Pharmaceutical companies make huge amounts of money from people who volunteer to be Guinea Pigs. Maybe they will call it something like Sun In a Bottle.
    Have a nice day and stop worrying, there are lots of things that will kill you before Covid 19.
    Covid 19 is a godsend to the establishment now that religion no longer controls the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    When I go to the docs, there is a sign on the waiting room wall. If you have cold or flu symptoms don't come here, stay at home, keep warm and drink plenty of fluids.
    I asked a doctor what was the best thing to take for flu, he said hot lemon the same as me.
    There are no cures for flu and the common cold because they are a virus, a Coronavirus. Covid 19 is just another member of the family.
    I said at the start of the outbreak that there will be no cure because viruses mutate.
    I never have a flu jab because it's last year's virus. People who I know who have them say it knocks them about for a few days, hardly surprising if you inject sh1t into your bloodstream. People who have a flu jab are similar to the one's who bled themselves in the middle ages.
    So I stand by what i say, they won't find a vaccine that cures Covid 19 but that doesn't mean that they won't produce one. Pharmaceutical companies make huge amounts of money from people who volunteer to be Guinea Pigs. Maybe they will call it something like Sun In a Bottle.
    Have a nice day and stop worrying, there are lots of things that will kill you before Covid 19.
    Covid 19 is a godsend to the establishment now that religion no longer controls the masses.
    Vaccines don't cure anything they prevent them! Don't believe? Check out the number of smallpox cases worldwide in round figures. Or look at how many areas have eradicated polio since the intro of vaccines.

Would I? Yes!

Yes vaccines were wonderful for preventing Polio and Smallpox. The latter had been almost eradicated but sadly is making a return in places.
    I have never took anything for illness, and i have never had any childhood illnesses, broken any bone's, ( none of my own anyway ) never been in hospital apart from being a visitor.
    I think your mind has a lot to do with how healthy your body is. I have always been happy go lucky, never worried about anything and have always enjoyed rude health. The only time I have felt ill is when i have one too many, and no i don't take anything for an hangover.
    You usually find that miserable pessemstic people who are always moaning are the ones who get the most illnesses.
    Don't worry, be happy. We are all going to die of something one day, it might be a virus, a natural disaster, a war anything.
    Ask yourselves this, would a government and not just this one, who have continually underfunded the NHS while awarding MP's obscene pay rises year after year, and send people to fight their illegal war's, and then let ex servicemen sleep on pavements, really be bothered about our welfare with a virus that seriously attacks just 2% of those it affects?

Yes vaccines were wonderful for preventing Polio and Smallpox. The latter had been almost eradicated but sadly is making a return in places.
    I have never took anything for illness, and i have never had any childhood illnesses, broken any bone's, ( none of my own anyway ) never been in hospital apart from being a visitor.
    I think your mind has a lot to do with how healthy your body is. I have always been happy go lucky, never worried about anything and have always enjoyed rude health. The only time I have felt ill is when i have one too many, and no i don't take anything for an hangover.
    You usually find that miserable pessemstic people who are always moaning are the ones who get the most illnesses.
    Don't worry, be happy. We are all going to die of something one day, it might be a virus, a natural disaster, a war anything.
    Ask yourselves this, would a government and not just this one, who have continually underfunded the NHS while awarding MP's obscene pay rises year after year, and send people to fight their illegal war's, and then let ex servicemen sleep on pavements, really be bothered about our welfare with a virus that seriously attacks just 2% of those it affects?
    If you had NO childhood illnesses then you were one very lucky kid, possibly unique. From memory I had measles, mumps, and whooping cough. My kids had vaccines and had none of these.

Can't make any sense of your comments about govt actions.

And wow you've 'never worried about anything.' I can only surmise that you've never done a great deal then. Can I have some of whatever you are on?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    If you had NO childhood illnesses then you were one very lucky kid, possibly unique. From memory I had measles, mumps, and whooping cough. My kids had vaccines and had none of these.

Can't make any sense of your comments about govt actions.

And wow you've 'never worried about anything.' I can only surmise that you've never done a great deal then. Can I have some of whatever you are on?
    I don’t believe the person who says he doesn’t worry about anything as they are either a liar,a fantasist or have selective memory.

It’s likely that some childhood illnesses hit before memory allows,my daughter was 18 months old when she had chickenpox.

Des.......you’re very blasé about your own health and something will bite you sooner or later.

No side effects to last years fly jab for me.

I’ve had the flu jab for the past few years now, no flu, no side effects. Will I have a COVID vaccination if one becomes available? Yes, certainly.

Someone mentioned smallpox; to my knowledge, there have been no cases of that disease for a long time now and the last case of that in the UK was in Birmingham in 1978. There are, supposedly, only two laboratories in the World that retain the smallpox virus, one in the USA and one in Russia. Heaven help the World if smallpox ever makes a return, any ‘herd’ immunity that may once have existed in humans has long gone, its return would be devastating.

Im glad your are very healthy, you are a very very lucky man...
    Sadly not everyone is.
    Apologies if I upset you but for a person who is apparently happy go lucky you do come across a little bitter and twisted especially towards authority figures.

Not really, i just like to see fair play, but I don't let it upset me,it certainly doesn't make me bitter. Nothing i can do to change the world.
    I suppose i did come over a bit blasé and maybe a bit arrogant, but I have never really worried about anything. Whatever is going to happen will happen regardless.
    Something will get me one day,it might be Covid 19 it might be something else but something will, but I'm not going to let it ruin my life worrying about it. Stress is one of the biggest killers. Heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer's, all take a bigger toll than a virus, but they don't show the daily death's from these diseases. I think dementia is the biggest killer today.
    Oh god, just heard a plane go over,do you think it might be one of Putin's?

Not really, i just like to see fair play, but I don't let it upset me,it certainly doesn't make me bitter. Nothing i can do to change the world.
    I suppose i did come over a bit blasé and maybe a bit arrogant, but I have never really worried about anything. Whatever is going to happen will happen regardless.
    Something will get me one day,it might be Covid 19 it might be something else but something will, but I'm not going to let it ruin my life worrying about it. Stress is one of the biggest killers. Heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer's, all take a bigger toll than a virus, but they don't show the daily death's from these diseases. I think dementia is the biggest killer today.
    Oh god, just heard a plane go over,do you think it might be one of Putin's?

I have to agree with you Des. My best mate is a doctor and he said one of the pains are patients who consistently come into surgery with the slightest thing ie a sniffle which blocks up waiting times. Some people have strong immune systems ( for example I can't remember last time I had the Flu ) and some don't. My late father used to say - keep the windows open all day - let the air circulate and get some fresh air in your lungs. Some are sicky type individuals by nature and whatever goes around they will catch. I used to remember a young secretary who used to work for me who always complained of
    " migraine ". FFS - she did not last long and left with one almighty " migraine "

You can't even judge people - I know a 40 year old guy who was a tennis coach ( fit as a butchers dog ) who was in fine health and didn't smoke or drink but dropped dead with a heart attack. Last week we were talking to a sweet old lady in the park who was 81 - refused to self isolate as wanted to see her grand kids, refuses to wear a mask, and loves a little tipple each night. Her view is if she goes at 81 - she's been with her family to the last, and had a good innings anyway. Alcohol in moderation can actually help stress and anxiety and you have to live your life to the full. I see more families who have very little who are far happier than families who are loaded and miserable
    b astards! Working long hours comes at a price when you are often away from your kids so money is not everything for sure!

Not so sure pumping drugs into you ie flu jab and loads of other medication ( unless necessary for pain ) helps as I believe in what will be will be. I do know cases of the MMR jab where there's a strong theory it leads to autism and many parents have campaigned against this. My two kids have not had the MMR so individuals should do what they are comfortable with. I research everything and hate going with the flow because it's deemed as being right.

I also understand what Thomas has said in Sweden about herd immunity and can understand it's effectiveness and lock downs in some instances can make things worse. For sure with lock downs there will soon be an explosion of cancers for lack of blood tests being available, and of course mental heath issues which need to be taken more seriously.
    Last edited by baggieal; 07-08-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)