+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    do you mean carrot phoney ?
    yes that T W A T

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    yes that T W A T
    It's all well and good making mock, but the lad knows things, he's well connected, I've seen him myself, on more than one occasion, in the club shop.

Burnley make first signing of the season. Norris a 6ft 5 " goalkeeper from Wolves . Sounds ominous now for Popeye to move on.

Sorry guys didn't realise the link wasn't allowed. Still though the Messiah has a touch of sarcasm

What did the phoney Mr do to upset you chaps?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Burnley make first signing of the season. Norris a 6ft 5 " goalkeeper from Wolves . Sounds ominous now for Popeye to move on.
    Maybe he's just another back-up, Hart's replacement. Surely if Pope really was going, we'd have signed a proper keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by antifootball View Post
    Sorry guys didn't realise the link wasn't allowed. Still though the Messiah has a touch of sarcasm

What did the phoney Mr do to upset you chaps?
    How long have you got?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Maybe he's just another back-up, Hart's replacement. Surely if Pope really was going, we'd have signed a proper keeper.
    We already have a proper keeper in Bailey Peacock Farrell. Billy has been working with him for a year now, the boy is ready. Remember when Heaton got injured, the Doomsday Brigade said we would be relegated by Christmas and then God sent us the Pope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We already have a proper keeper in Bailey Peacock Farrell.
    We'll see, if Pope goes, I'm still not convinced he will. Anyway, as long as BPF is better than Lee Grant, one of the most over-rated keepers I've ever seen, he'll probably be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We'll see, if Pope goes, I'm still not convinced he will. Anyway, as long as BPF is better than Lee Grant, one of the most over-rated keepers I've ever seen, he'll probably be OK.
    When we followed the Clarets avidly in those barren Championship years, Lee could be Gordon Banks and then Dropsy Smith within a couple of minutes of each other. He's on about £40k a week for sitting on his arse at Old Trafford now, so all's well that ends well eh sinkov?

All top class keepers BT, like Tom Heaton for instance, make 'impossible 'saves, a player shoots, you think instantly, 'goal, that's in', but you hope for a miracle from your keeper, and occasionally it happens, your keeper somehow keeps it out, it's rare but good keepers can do it. Grant never did, every time I thought, that's in against Grant, it was, it hit the back of the net, every time, without fail. If he blocked a shot you could guarantee it would fall at an attacker's feet and end up in the back of our net, and don't get me going on one attempted save away to Hull, I've never seen nothing like it, he seemed to be deliberately avoiding the ball. It's fair to say I didn't like him, I much preferred the Beast for all his faults.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)