+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signing This Week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Except Buckley, who's 30 and seems to have had a sharp decline after a few years in the Prem/Championship.

Of the rest, I'd say only Rodrigues is a Football Radar signing. Did well last season in Dutch 1st Division (probably Lg1/2 level) so will do for me.

Tutonda seems highly rated by Barnet fans, as does the other player we've been linked with (Vilhete, club legend apparently).

Don't know anything about Walker. Assume he struggled to get in Salford's League 2 side but has scored a few goals last couple of seasons.
    Tom Walker played for AFC Fylde. We was interested in him but then signed Roberts instead I believe

Incoming....

BREAKING:

#Notts County sign Portuguese forward Ruben Rodrigues.

The 24-year-old scored 12 goals for Dutch side
    @mijnfcdenbosch
    last season.

Can play in midfield, up front, or wide in a front three.

https://twitter.com/BBCRNS/status/1291690937731743745

Portuguese attacking midfielder Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues has become our first summer signing.

Rodrigues, who moved to the Netherlands at a young age, joins us after scoring 12 goals and notching 10 assists for Dutch second-tier side FC Den Bosch last season.

“Before coronavirus stopped our season I was playing well,” said the 24-year old. “At the beginning we had a bit of a sticky spell – we weren’t playing as well as we should have been – but around October I started scoring consecutively and after that I performed well in general.

"I have a very strong right foot and like to shoot, pass and dribble.”

Rodrigues, who speaks fluent English as well as Dutch and Portuguese, turned down several other options to sign for us.

“At first it was difficult because I had never played in a foreign country but the club have pushed and pushed, which has given me the confidence to be here.

“My agent also knows Enzio Boldewijn and Enzio told me if he was in my position he would come swimming to England! He says everything is good – the coaches, the staff, the pitch, the city.

“I’ve had a tour and I didn’t expect the stadium to be so big. We also saw the facilities at the training ground, which are amazing, the gym is nice and the indoor pitch is beautiful.”

Rodrigues’ arrival marks our first foray into the foreign transfer market since last summer’s takeover and the new signing is proud to be flying the flag for his country at Meadow Lane.

“To be the first Portuguese player in the history of the world’s oldest professional club is a great achievement,” he said.

For Neal Ardley, Rodrigues' arrival comes as reward for a long period of extensive research.

"Rúben is the player I watched more than any other during lockdown," revealed the boss.

"The recruitment team and I believe we have found an exciting talent who will improve the squad and get better with age.

"He can play as an attacking midfielder, a number ten or even as a striker and we hope he fulfils his talent with us.

"Rúben will begin training immediately to get up to speed ahead of the rest of the squad's return to training."

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...cement-070820/

Would like us to sign a young upcoming creative midfield player in the mould of Tom Crawford !!

Gumpy's Special sauce sez: Expect Doyle signing up as player/coach next. Now there's a surprise.
    Last edited by countygump; 07-08-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Gumpy's Special sauce sez: Expect Doyle singing up as player/coach next. Now there's a surprise.
    Do we really need a vocal coach?

Gumpy's Special sauce
    Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Do we really need a vocal coach?
    Barsteward, you caught me just before I spotted and corrected it.

Barsteward, you caught me just before I spotted and corrected it.
    You can take comfort from the fact you didn't misspell Rodrigues!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast