+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex masks for sale

Alex masks for sale

As it doesn't seem to be mentioned on the OS, the club shop now have Crewe Alex face coverings (masks) for sale.
    A simple red mask with the club logo on it. £5 each (+£5 p&p).
    I've bought 2.🙂
    Be covid-ready for the new season!

https://www.thealexandrastore.co.uk/...dra-face-mask/

Can I have a job in marketing????

Got mine today. Little on flimsy side but good enough. Logo is printed on- hope it doesn't wash off. Also is scarlet (our traditional red) rather than the deeper Liverpool red of last season.

Probably a discussion on masks is not a topic that should be discussed on here, it is too divisive and we have enough conflict on the streets, between those who choose to wear a mask and those who object, without bringing it to this message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Probably a discussion on masks is not a topic that should be discussed on here, it is too divisive and we have enough conflict on the streets, between those who choose to wear a mask and those who object, without bringing it to this message board.
    Why should it not be discussed on here. Just because some people want to ignore the advice about masks and put other people at risk is not a reason to ban talk of it.
    Ultimately wearing masks is one method that is being used to stop a pandemic that has caused a large lost of life around the world. If the pandemic is not halted then it will result in a larger loss of life and many changes around us, including the football world. Many clubs (including ours maybe) will be in financial straights if the spread/spike is not stopped soon, so we should all do what we can for everybodies future.

Gobstopper: I am somewhat gobsmacked at your description of masks as divisive. How can a tool for preventing the spread of a deadly virus during a global pandemic be divisive?
    I genuinely look forward to your explanation, as I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    Why should it not be discussed on here. Just because some people want to ignore the advice about masks and put other people at risk is not a reason to ban talk of it.
    Ultimately wearing masks is one method that is being used to stop a pandemic that has caused a large lost of life around the world. If the pandemic is not halted then it will result in a larger loss of life and many changes around us, including the football world. Many clubs (including ours maybe) will be in financial straights if the spread/spike is not stopped soon, so we should all do what we can for everybodies future.
    Thats the problem conflict this is not a discussion about football but you giving your viewpoint, a viewpoint which I disagree with but its obvious to me you want to peddle your views, but as I'm not going down that path on this forum. I will discuss football with you but masks we will have to disagree on but this is not the forum for discussing political decisions as much as you want to wrap it up as something else. There are plenty of forums out there for you to peddle your views but this is not the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Thats the problem conflict this is not a discussion about football but you giving your viewpoint, a viewpoint which I disagree with but its obvious to me you want to peddle your views, but as I'm not going down that path on this forum. I will discuss football with you but masks we will have to disagree on but this is not the forum for discussing political decisions as much as you want to wrap it up as something else. There are plenty of forums out there for you to peddle your views but this is not the place.
    No it was a discussion about buying a product from the Alex shop. But you declare that it should not be on an Alex forum, why?

I asked for some explanation of how wearing a piece of clothing bearing the club logo that I have bought from the club shop could be divisive but you claim that it is a political opinion. I'm sorry, but I gave you opportunity to give your reasoning. You have declined to support your point of view. That's your right. However, whatever your political beliefs I find it bizarre and a little worrying that you think protection of other people from a fatal virus is some kind of 'view' to be "pedalled".
    I personally am 'clinically vulnerable'" and I find it terrifying that there are people about who feel I should not be protected. After all, it's a piece of protective clothing. Do you have the same view about club shirts?

I would still like to know why buying a product from the club shop is an act of 'pedalling opinions'. I have to confess- I'm bewildered by the idea. Does anyone else the same outlook as Gobstopper and can they explain it to me. As far as I'm concerned I wanted a mask in club colours and now I'm told I shouldn't be allowed to say so on the forum. This is really bothering me now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast