+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex masks for sale

Nope, I’m with you gazan, and not just because I am a higher risk person and my partner is shielding.

I would hope that when crowds are allowed back into Gresty Road that seats are allocated according to existing distancing rules (difficult if you attend with family from your own household but not impossible with a proper ticketing system) and that the wearing of masks is mandatory unless the fan has the appropriate documented reason for not doing so. I want to be protected, I want to help protect my fellow Railwaymen and help my club.

Hi all, hope you are all OK and taking care INCLUDING the wearing of masks and as someone who has recently lost my sister to this horrible virus, I see no reason why any kind of mask can't be discussed on any kind of forum actually and this one is as good as any as it is after all a spectator sport where hopefully fans can get to see our beloved sport once more. It maybe a political point to say the compusary wearing of masks should have been made months ago although better late than never. I don't like wearing them especially during the hot weather but thankfully most people are complying. People are wearing all sorts of masks and it does no harm for fans to be wearing the colours of their club. Just my take on it folks.

It would seem as though listening to DA, the club will be looking at having fans back in the ground probably starting soon in Late Sept/Early Oct and our fan base suggests we can keep to social distancing with perhaps four or five thousand in but that is my estimate and not the clubs re having fans all around the ground on alternate seats? (no away fans allowed) What do others think? I would guess that many fans will want to stay away anyway until a vaccine is available and so maybe 3000 would be a reasonable gate to get to provide an atmosphere and to keep everyone safe. Of course arriving and leaving the ground will be a challenge but if people use their common sense they should be OK.

Cloth masks i.e. type being sold at the club shop or paper masks:
    These reduce the amount of droplet spread, if you cough or sneeze, and largely protect other people, and should reduce spread of the virus and are therefore a very good thing. They are more effective with a filter which can be bought separately, which fits in a pocket built into the mask. (Not all cloth masks have this pocket) and a nose wire that allows closer application to your nose.
    Paper masks are more effective with 3 or more layers.

I hope the recommendation will be that we should be wear these at matches, because although it's outside, the terracing worries me a little, the thought of someone higher up coughing worries me somewhat.

I think it's entirely reasonable to discuss this on the forum, but it could be shifted to 'Off the rails' if people wanted.
    It's not a political decision to wear masks, the science may not be completely clear, but anything, particularly as simple as wearing a face mask, that reduces the spread of a nasty deadly disease has got to be worth a try.

Gazan, as desperate as you are to see the Alex again, If I was 'clinically vunerable' I'd be staying away until there is an effective vaccine.

Mike, so sorry to hear about your sister.

Condolences to MikeSB.
    Also, thanks R&WS for your kind consideration, you've made me think!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12