+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baw's on the slates?

Sky announced they were televising it but there's nothing yet from the clubs.

Easy answer award St.Johnstone the points that way players will soon realise the consequences of their actions. I am not for a minute just having a go at the Dons our own players broke the lockdown rules but we were fortunate we didn’t have any games lined up. I sympathise if a club has players testing positive with covid19 but it is a different matter when players go out on a night out to a place that was thought to be the source of a covid19 Spike. Don’t see why we should play at 12.30 tomorrow as we last had a game on Monday night switchthe Kilmarnock versus Celtic not a hope in hell. We should not be punished for the flagrant disregard of the rules regarding covid19 by the Aberdeen players

Latest Sky Sports bulletin at 3.30 still has our game kicking off at 3pm tomorrow COYW

I don't understand how Aberdeen could get away without being punished. As said, they've not been unlucky, they were stupid and broke the rules. Currently the only response of a postponement has rewarded them for their behaviour!

A substantial fine for the first instance would seem fair, forfeit next time and forfeit plus points deduction should it happen again.

The St Johnstone v Aberdeen has been rescheduled for Thursday 20 August.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    I don't understand how Aberdeen could get away without being punished. As said, they've not been unlucky, they were stupid and broke the rules. Currently the only response of a postponement has rewarded them for their behaviour!

A substantial fine for the first instance would seem fair, forfeit next time and forfeit plus points deduction should it happen again.
    I don't think that St.Johnstone should be given the points; they're still likely to be facing a weakened Aberdeen team in the rescheduled game, but a points deduction now would set the bar for future transgressions and be a bit fairer on the other teams who will be facing a full - strength Dons.
    If we ever get that far.

Farcical situation. No wonder the FM was 'ragin'! The whole situation just shows how truly stoopid the majority of pro footballers are !!

I must admit to a wee flutter when I learned the a Motherwell player had tested positive. Thankfully it appears to be a false positive given two clear follow up tests.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/...id-19-testing/

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    I must admit to a wee flutter when I learned the a Motherwell player had tested positive. Thankfully it appears to be a false positive given two clear follow up tests.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/...id-19-testing/
    Clearly health and safety everything but it shows how precarious everything is this season. The smaller clubs generally have one or two players which even in strong squads are so important they can't really be replaced - we could potentially be missing a Carson, Gallagher or Turnbull for two games even when they're perfectly healthy. At this stage you just shrug and take it but wait until it happens before an Old Firm game, relegation battles, crucial cup ties...

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Farcical situation. No wonder the FM was 'ragin'! The whole situation just shows how truly stoopid the majority of pro footballers are !!
    What the Aberdeen players did was very stupid,, irresponsible and potentially dangerous. Currently players are being tested twice weekly as per the unofficial protocol. However, are NHS and Care Home staff being tested twice weekly? We have to get our priorities right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)