+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps it's us lot who need a good head wobble?

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    And you'd be sorting out Brexit on your day off.
    And corona would have been sent packing too!

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    And you'd be sorting out Brexit on your day off.
    That could have been sorted a long time ago, I wouldn't have agreed to the EU deciding the sequence of events like May did, which means it's over four years since we told them we were leaving and they're still dithering over a trade deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That could have been sorted a long time ago, I wouldn't have agreed to the EU deciding the sequence of events like May did, which means it's over four years since we told them we were leaving and they're still dithering over a trade deal.
    After watching this Cartel of Tory Cretins deal with COVID-19, I have no faith whatsoever they can sort Brexit.

Anybody, (other fans ) who do not read Burnley's FootyMad Forum,must be daft! Just reading on here everyday is enough to keep out that Covid -19, no need for any of that Coronavirus vaccine, air purifiers ,other jabs, masks, etc. Just be sure to read this daily. Watch out for updates !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    After watching this Cartel of Tory Cretins deal with COVID-19, I have no faith whatsoever they can sort Brexit.
    We’d have give them everything under labour though BT , your still worked up about the government messing up Covid , and I’m still of the opinion it’s oh so easy to slag off and criticise after the event , anyone can do it.

By that I’m not saying they’ve got it all right , far from it I just. Believe That under labour we would not have been any different at all to where we are now.

If you watch the news nationally everyone’s moaning that Spain , Italy etc etc all saying it should have been done differently.

Personally when we realised this was going to be like it is , all parties should have got round a table and brainstormed together , not slag each other off for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    We’d have give them everything under labour though BT , your still worked up about the government messing up Covid , and I’m still of the opinion it’s oh so easy to slag off and criticise after the event , anyone can do it.

By that I’m not saying they’ve got it all right , far from it I just. Believe That under labour we would not have been any different at all to where we are now.

If you watch the news nationally everyone’s moaning that Spain , Italy etc etc all saying it should have been done differently.

Personally when we realised this was going to be like it is , all parties should have got round a table and brainstormed together , not slag each other off for nothing.
    The Tories are not ever so subtly playing the Blame Game on the Islamic Brotherhood. Conservative Cabinet Ministers have confirmed that the current restrictions on Muslims/Anyone Else/Others gatherings in Greater Manchester, Leicester, parts of West Yorkshire and East Lancashire will remain in place. Wider restrictions in places full of Muslims such as Leicester, Blackburn and Bradford will also continue. And they had the gall to call Corbyn a racist!

Attachment 16581

Preston's up next for the enforced Lockdown which is also rammed full of Muslims by the way.

BT ---I think that you will find that there were quite a number of people inside the Labour Party who were calling Corbyn a racist, however, don't let that fact get in the way of anything.

Preston's up next for the enforced Lockdown which is also rammed full of Muslims by the way.
    Indeed it is BT, I just happened to notice that virtually every town in the list of those where infections are increasing happened to be rammed full of muslims as well.
    There was a Muslim spokesman on one of those much-missed Hancock briefings a couple of months ago, he was claiming the virus was racist, muslim nut-job I thought, send for the men in white coats. Turns out he was right though wasn't he, this bloody right-wing, racist virus is seeking out muslims everywhere.

However some see it very differently:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...uth-Covid.html

Its all good--up to a point.

The questions are 1. when is enough money enough; 2. what do you do with the money once you have improved the ground, training facilities, etall?

If you are saving it for a rainy day, such as dropping out of the Prem and getting much less finance, then fine.

If you are getting top quality juniors through the system that with proper development will take over from the established older players, then fine.

If you then sell you best talent for a profit, then fine.

But the balancing act is how to stay in the Prem and accumulate money if your playing staff are not replaced with at least like for like.

And the other side of the coin is that you can't entertain whilst you are just in survival mode.

And as I always said, Football is as much about entertainment as it is about grinding out results year in year out.

Apart from everything else to be always on the back foot means that survival is less likely each year.

Once we are down its so very difficult to get back.

You attract even less skilled players for first team duty and within the Development squad so the pressure on selling your talent becomes the prime objective just to survive.

We are in a good position right now but need to urgently replace aging players, In our early Development stage of youth that means spending money.

So we shall see this transfer window what kind of Burnley we will follow this year.

A struggling one with limited skill destined to go down or an improved Burnley?

And based on previous years it not likly to be the latter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)