+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Europa League 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Are you sure? UEFA website says 14.00CET, which is 1pm
    no you're right https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/draws/

I was editing while you posted

Our potential opponents now confirmed as

LASK (Austrai)or Dunajská Streda (Slovakia)
    Rijeka (Croatia)or Kolos Kovalivka (Ukraine)
    Rosenborg (Norway)or Alanyaspor (Turkey)

draw at 1.00pm
    These "unseeded "opponents are all 100 times better than the "seeded" ones celtic could face FFS

Yep. Competition stacked in "big clubs" favour. Designed to get us out. Will still be a tremendous result next Thursday even against a weakened Sporting Lisbon if we get through.

A home game against LASK (AUT) or Dunajská Streda (SVK) awaits the winner of Sporting v Dons

LASK it is then

Yet again the hardest draw available for us.

LASK made it through the group stages last season before losing to Man U in last 16

LASK made it through the group stages last season before losing to Man U in last 16
    Yep came first in their group which included Sporting, PSV & Rosenberg.

Seems there has been 2 new positive Covid cases in Sporting's first team bubble at their isolation camp.

My interpretation of the Portuguese regulations lead me to believe that all members of that bubble would now have to self isolate for 14 days but I'm in no way certain of that yet.

Apparently they are keeping their B team in a separate bubble and if the above is correct they would get special dispensation from UEFA to register them for the game against us.

One thing that has been confirmed is that their manager will definitely miss the match.

As long as they can name a matchday squad of at least 13 players including 1 goalkeeper the match must go ahead.

Portuguese health authorities will decide early next week if the game can be played in Portugal or not. If not I think switching it to Pittodrie would be the first option ahead of a neutral venue.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Seems there has been 2 new positive Covid cases in Sporting's first team bubble at their isolation camp.

My interpretation of the Portuguese regulations lead me to believe that all members of that bubble would now have to self isolate for 14 days but I'm in no way certain of that yet.

Apparently they are keeping their B team in a separate bubble and if the above is correct they would get special dispensation from UEFA to register them for the game against us.

One thing that has been confirmed is that their manager will definitely miss the match.

As long as they can name a matchday squad of at least 13 players including 1 goalkeeper the match must go ahead.

Portuguese health authorities will decide early next week if the game can be played in Portugal or not. If not I think switching it to Pittodrie would be the first option ahead of a neutral venue.
    Normally Sporting Lisbon to beat AFC at home would be around 2/7 ? With all their Covid problems, this will be their first competitive game and our form; I reckon it should be nearer 4/6.

We have a decent chance here.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast