+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League 20/21

The new third tournament is coming in the next couple of years I think.

I believe they are still having this disgusting parachute thing though where teams drop from one tourney into the next - the absolutely worst thing about modern Euro fitba by a mile - so teams will be dropping from the Europa into this new thing.

I fully expect to see Timothy get papped out the champions league qualifiers, then get papped out the Europa league - probs at groups - & then still get to drop down again into this new tournament. Three attempts at Europe - Absolutely farcical.

So basically, just expect more of the same as we get now - but with shyter teams.

Yaaaay - Go UEFA....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    The new third tournament is coming in the next couple of years I think.

I believe they are still having this disgusting parachute thing though where teams drop from one tourney into the next - the absolutely worst thing about modern Euro fitba by a mile - so teams will be dropping from the Europa into this new thing.

I fully expect to see Timothy get papped out the champions league qualifiers, then get papped out the Europa league - probs at groups - & then still get to drop down again into this new tournament. Three attempts at Europe - Absolutely farcical.

So basically, just expect more of the same as we get now - but with shyter teams.

Yaaaay - Go UEFA....
    The EL2 (conference) starts next season.
    It makes additional value in winning the Scottish cup or finishing 3rd.
    Whoever does will go into Europa League QR3, win that then its the Po round, lose it then your into the PO round for EL2
    If you get to the EL1 PO round and then are knocked out, you go into the groups for EL2

The Scottish League winners this year will be guaranteed European group football next season.
    If its Celtic, they would enter the CL QR3, lose that their in the EL PO round, lose that their in the EL2 group stages.
    If they get to the group stages of the EL, they can still progress (whilst losing) to the EL2 knockout rounds

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The Scottish League winners this year will be guaranteed European group football next season.
    If its Celtic, they would enter the CL QR3, lose that their in the EL PO round, lose that their in the EL2 group stages.
    If they get to the group stages of the EL, they can still progress (whilst losing) to the EL2 knockout rounds
    You could have just said it’s another way UEFA have found to let the rich get richer and further destroy any semblance of competition in domestic leagues.

Not that we have any now anyway like...

Does anyone agree that to raise the profile of this completion the final should be played during half time of the champions league. Sometimes when your at Pittodrie and the little kids come on at half time and they all chase the ball round ?

Sounds fecking horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Does anyone agree that to raise the profile of this completion the final should be played during half time of the champions league. Sometimes when your at Pittodrie and the little kids come on at half time and they all chase the ball round ?

Agreed!..... Wait, what?

The EL2 (conference) starts next season.
    It makes additional value in winning the Scottish cup or finishing 3rd.
    Whoever does will go into Europa League QR3, win that then its the Po round, lose it then your into the PO round for EL2
    If you get to the EL1 PO round and then are knocked out, you go into the groups for EL2

I never understood a word of that.

What the f’uck are you taking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    You either need to turn your autocorrect on or off. Otherwise I agree. It's heading that way.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

It's quite simple really, however to try and break it down for you.

For next years European competition, Scotland will have 5 entrants.
    2 Champions League Spots
    1 Europa League Spot (I had abbreviated this in the last post to EL1)
    2 Europa Conference League Spot (I had abbreviated this in the last post to EL2)

Whoever wins the Scottish Cup (or third place should one of the top 2 win the cup), will enter the Europa League QR3
    There is only two rounds (QR3 and the PO (Play Off) round to reach the group stages.

If the team is beaten in QR3, they get placed into the Europa League Conference PO round.
    One round to progress to get to the group stages of the Europa League Conference

If the team wins the Europa League QR3, but is beaten in the PO round, they drop straight into the group stages of the Europa League Conference

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast