+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham United’s worst enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Yes, we werent lucky enough to finish in a relegation spot yet be saved by another team's point deduction. The second such reprieve in recent years for juddsville (Portsmouth was it?)

And before you spout the usual dingle defence of wolf crying whereby you say wigans spending wouldnt have allowed them to sign such players as keifer moore (the irony obviously lost) etc, let me remind you that I know a lot more about your town and club than you do about ours.

Let me tell you a true story to hopefully make my point, and with a bit of luck clear the bias and blinkers from your eyes:

A few years ago I was working in juddsville and I was forever told that barnsley fc were a bastion of good governance and prudence and that it should be seen as the blueprint for financial spending. Plucky little barnsley fighting against all these massive clubs cheating their way to success.

One evening I got invited to a sportsmans dinner at Ardsley House (lovely food, now sadly gone). Anyhow I was sat next to a nice chap who worked for the accountancy firm who at that time looked after BFCs accounts. He had a BFC tie on and was a massive fan.

As a conversation starter I mentioned the good BFC financial governance and how proud he must be of his club. He nearly choked on his Yorkshire pudding starter as he burst out laughing. "You're joking arent you!" He said, "the club spends WAAAY beyond its means". He told me that every single month the accountancy firm called patrick cryne and told him the overspend. The amount varied between £50k and £150k and every month, without fail, Patrick cryne would fund the shortfall. Such activities allowed BFC to poach Mark Robins away from RUFC - a club which was/is genuinely trying to be self sustaining and yet has never hid from the financial support provided by ASD LIGHTING, and a set of fans who never go bleating and preaching to other clubs.

And let's not even go into whether or not that money funding BFCs overspend (I-soft money) was morally obtained. That's a whole thread on it's own!

I've posted before direct quotes from you which outline what you truly think about the club I love and support and what you think about my fellow Millers. And yet you still feel empowered to come over here and temper, or dampen, any optimistic thread about our prospects. It's as though you see your job as putting us in our place.

PLEASE, PLEASE GO AND INFEST SOME OTHER FORUM WITH YOUR CONDESCENDING/PATRONISING CLAPTRAP. AND LEAVE US THE **** ALONE TO TALK ABOUT AND CELEBRATE OUR BELOVED MILLERS. And do me a favour and dont round up the dingle posse to ride to your defence. Its tiresome.
    I want to buy this guy a pint

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I want to buy this guy a pint
    Would be gladly received and drunk. Cheers. 😁

Back to Roth U. Let's have some positivity. Warney it's his job to lose. With salary caps in the lower leagues sure we want to remain a championship club this time. Signings good enough required. No lame ducks this time.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Back to Roth U. Let's have some positivity. Warney it's his job to lose. With salary caps in the lower leagues sure we want to remain a championship club this time. Signings good enough required. No lame ducks this time.
    Correct Gru. But we're only allowed a modicum of RUFC positivity because otherwise the great sage of juddsville, or his dingle minions (dinglions), will come on here and tell us to know our place.

Seriously, it is extremely important that we get the new signings right. We dont need squad fillers (players who can play in multiple positions are seldom, if ever, brilliant in any one position), we need 6 or 7 who are, on paper, better than what we already have.

Oh, and let's get a top notch keeper in. Please Warney.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    When are you ever positive about Rotherham United?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    When are you ever positive about Rotherham United?
    I’m always glad for positive outlooks ffs we have enough Barnsley and Wednesday fans putting us down we don’t need our own fans doing it too.

I already know that we are close to signing a Fantastic player Who will partner up with crooks nicely in central midfield I won’t say who but I will say he’s due a medical on Monday

Message to all

We need some real spirit this year even if you have doubts do what some women do at night fake it 😂

Remember players can read and one of the best things that’s happened over covid is players and fans talking more to each other, let’s not slag em off now

What we've seen under Warney so far it's hard to remain positive but he's been given the chance to change that. Agree need a competent keeper for starters. Right & Left backs also + a centre back required. Midfielder, winger & big striker needed all up to championship level then let's give it a go.

I’m always glad for positive outlooks ffs we have enough Barnsley and Wednesday fans putting us down we don’t need our own fans doing it too.

I already know that we are close to signing a Fantastic player Who will partner up with crooks nicely in central midfield I won’t say who but I will say he’s due a medical on Monday

Message to all

We need some real spirit this year even if you have doubts do what some women do at night fake it 😂

Remember players can read and one of the best things that’s happened over covid is players and fans talking more to each other, let’s not slag em off now
    I don't see Crooks as a championship player. Lindsay out of our midfielders there's more to come. Just pick the side on merit that's all I ask.

Message to all

Kieran Sadlier presumably/hopefully. Cracking player.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Kieran Sadlier presumably/hopefully. Cracking player.
    Could be I’m hearing two are due Medicals on Monday But I know the central midfielder is close, to play it safe youl hear him signing before next Saturday, that gives time for medical and press to get of their ass

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast