+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next seasons chances

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Il be disappointed if we don’t finish 18th or above...

Lots of people just see championship money I see **** teams who we should p1ss
    Who you should and who you will p*iss on, are two entirely different things silly Boris, as we've found out ourselves in the past.

Grist, Im interested to know wot that means eh (although maybe its obvious actually!). A managerial and playing style that doesnt value the art of defending ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Who you should and who you will p*iss on, are two entirely different things silly Boris, as we've found out ourselves in the past.

Grist, Im interested to know wot that means eh (although maybe its obvious actually!). A managerial and playing style that doesnt value the art of defending ?.
    Well, it’s a style that’s basically hoping we score one more than the opposition do knowing that the opposition will score.

The concept being that before the game kicks off you’ve got one point, a point you gamble trying to get three.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well, it’s a style that’s basically hoping we score one more than the opposition do knowing that the opposition will score.
    The concept being that before the game kicks off you’ve got one point, a point you gamble trying to get three.
    Wow Grist, thats a very risky style mate lol.
    We have tried to adopt the gagen-presst (however you say it in German lol). The so called high pressing where your full backs press as wingers at times, and this forces the opposition back and they make mistakes etc. But if we get caught onside at the back... well yes we are in trouble.
    Last edited by Acido; 06-08-2020 at 09:15 PM.

this season we were a very good counter attacking team. that prob why we did so well away from home. and struggled to break teams down at home i just hope warne keeps it positive and doesn't revert back to 451

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    this season we were a very good counter attacking team. that prob why we did so well away from home. and struggled to break teams down at home i just hope warne keeps it positive and doesn't revert back to 451
    4-5-1 keeps more fans away than covid19

We won’t be relegated, Barnsley need to step up to avoid relegation

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    That's an interesting assessment Miller and fair enough .

I don't need to tell any Miller about the gap between League One and the Championship as you are all familiar with that .

When I say this I say it as I see it and it's not a cheap shot at a local competitor , please bear this in mind when responding if you do that is .

I'd be more worried about our own chances next season if Sunderland , Ipswich and Portsmouth had come up because they can punch the weight and are sizable clubs .

Because the League One season ended when it did its debatable who the three best teams in League One were .

As an example , when the Championship season was suspended in March the three teams who sat in the bottom 3 at that time were not relegated when the season did restart .

Rotherham United had no control over the way they got promoted and fair play and I'm not taking anything away from that achievement .

Where it actually leaves the three teams who were promoted from League One and their ability to compete effectively in the Championship is debatable by definition .

Rotherham probably have the best shot at it based on recent experience .

If we don't finish above the three promoted teams who have come up from League One this coming season I'll be amazed and we want shooting if we don't .

No disrespect what so ever , just a football opinion and absolutely no axe to grind with anyone on this forum .

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Thats the funniest reply Ive seen on here tonight kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats the funniest reply Ive seen on here tonight kid.
    you obv didnt read animals post then.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    you obv didnt read animals post then.
    Being as Barnsley sell any quality they get for scraps I found it funny as hell

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast