+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Next seasons chances

Hey I like that idea silly Boris lol. For us both to stay up, and for the Fowls to go down at long last. Sounds great doesnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Nope semi just earned us over 3 mil vaulks 1 mil Danny ward 2 mil and we got a few years out of them I got a shock yesterday when I saw Moore being sold by Wigan. Ffs a Barnsley is like a vending machine cash gos in player comes goes out.

In my opinion Barnsley’s problem is lack of stability too many outs by time the teams got used to each other most of seasons gone the evidence for this is Barnsley’s poor starts and fantastic end.

Nothing will give me any better feeling having Barnsley and Rotherham stay up and Wednesday go to league 1 and I can see it happening
    You have to understand the model mate , it's taken myself personally a bit of time to get some kind of grip on it because no bugga over our way tells you anything , you need a bit of time , to say the least .

It's not without flaws , let me make that perfectly clear .

The way I understand it is and this based on the information a layman like myself has at his disposal and some research in to the " Moneyball " system , the architect who is head of our recruitment ...... Billy Beane , if you haven't seen the film starring Brad Pitt you should because it's a belter .

Back to the point .

The theory is this .

Mitrovic at Fulham is paid 40k a week in the Championship to score 26 league goals , it's a reasonable guessestimate on his salary given he's stayed at Fulham despite serious offers elsewhere and a higher level of football .

We say we can do that for massively less money in order to compete .

The data says Cauley Woodrow and Connor Chaplin can do it as a pair .

They cost a collective £2.3m , combined salaries around 16k a week and they've scored more than Mitrovic did on his own the season just gone .

That's the crux of it .

The players leaving our club are neither here nor there , it doesn't matter if the recruitment can replace them effectively .

As I say it's taken myself some time to see what it is that they are trying to do here .

Mistakes have been made , no doubt but if they can be ironed out the policy to be fair looks pretty sound in all honesty .

Brentford have a similar model and they've taken pelters too from their fans these last few years , it's got them cemented as a championship club on gates of 10k and very nearly in to the PL .

Ill personally settle for half of that .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 06-08-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Barnsley will finish above us..just.
    But we will stay up..
    Luton..Wycombe & hopefully Weds will be relegated

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Barnsley will finish above us..just.
    But we will stay up.. Luton..Wycombe & hopefully Weds will be relegated
    Hey Bri, I like that and I'll drink to that matey.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    You werent even going to be part of this thread Animal in the first place, rememeber ?.
    Yes I know Im being sarcy here with my comments, and I hope the Millers know this and will accept this.
    I wasn't going to join in because it always ends up becoming a chest thumping exercise with the kind of post you wrote .

There's a certain inevitably about it when you push the wrong buttons and in any case what happened at Millmoor in 1982 is frankly neither here nor there .

Can't be doing with arguing anymore , full stop .

Sensible debate no problem .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I wasn't going to join in because it always ends up becoming a chest thumping exercise with the kind of post you wrote .
    There's a certain inevitably about it when you push the wrong buttons and in any case what happened at Millmoor in 1982 is frankly neither here nor there .
    Can't be doing with arguing anymore , full stop .
    Sensible debate no problem .
    Yep, thats fair enough Animal, and Im glad you did choose to join in with this thread (because I did want you to after all lol).

Hey lads, we do like a good thread now dont we, especially when the Sheff Wendsy Fowls are going to suffer!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yep, thats fair enough Animal, and Im glad you did choose to join in with this thread (because I did want you to after all lol).

Hey lads, we do like a good thread now dont we, especially when the Sheff Wendsy Fowls are going to suffer!.
    To be honest I don't think they'll have too much trouble overcoming the 12 point deduction .

They beat us which is a given and Wycombe home and away and they've still 42 games in the bank .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That's an interesting assessment Miller and fair enough .

I don't need to tell any Miller about the gap between League One and the Championship as you are all familiar with that .

When I say this I say it as I see it and it's not a cheap shot at a local competitor , please bear this in mind when responding if you do that is .

I'd be more worried about our own chances next season if Sunderland , Ipswich and Portsmouth had come up because they can punch the weight and are sizable clubs .

Because the League One season ended when it did its debatable who the three best teams in League One were .

As an example , when the Championship season was suspended in March the three teams who sat in the bottom 3 at that time were not relegated when the season did restart .

Rotherham United had no control over the way they got promoted and fair play and I'm not taking anything away from that achievement .

Where it actually leaves the three teams who were promoted from League One and their ability to compete effectively in the Championship is debatable by definition .

Rotherham probably have the best shot at it based on recent experience .

If we don't finish above the three promoted teams who have come up from League One this coming season I'll be amazed and we want shooting if we don't .

No disrespect what so ever , just a football opinion and absolutely no axe to grind with anyone on this forum .
    Can’t argue with that, I’m just going on (hoping ) we’ve learned from mistakes and will do better this time round, I had you avoiding relegation and was surprised to see Barnsley down bottom tbh, that’s why I said you need to step up.

It’s early for predicting anyway we’ve only got one keeper atm, you got any spate? 😉

Bottom three. We were quite lucky to be promoted, if we are honest. Still be glad to get back to football though.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Can’t argue with that, I’m just going on (hoping ) we’ve learned from mistakes and will do better this time round, I had you avoiding relegation and was surprised to see Barnsley down bottom tbh, that’s why I said you need to step up.

It’s early for predicting anyway we’ve only got one keeper atm, you got any spate? 😉
    The advantage you have is that you know the Championship very well and what's needed and Warne has been part of that .

Wycombe look to be particularly exposed given the likely budget and the size of the club in relation to attracting players who could improve them .

I'm not entirely convinced by Coventry , Robins has done a smart job there no doubt but they have terrible internal issues going on and you need stability within a club when stepping up to the Championship in my opinion and the Championship could well expose them far more severely than League One .

There's always the likelihood of two or three of last season's Hull City's struggling .

Anything close to 50 points will see Rotherham safe , three more wins and a draw than you managed on your last visit to the Championship .

Difficult but far from impossible but as I said in my reply to you earlier , is this Rotherham squad as good as the one you had the last time at this level ? because the way the season ended it doesn't provide any clear answers .

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast