+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Next seasons chances

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Some Pompey fans down here think they were a tad unlucky but I reckon the three most deserving teams went up. As for next season I believe we are more likely to take a point or three off Barnsley than off Wigan and with Wednesday starting on -12 we could survive. Coventry and Wycombe will be in the same boat as us and I think Luton will be in the mix again. So all told a fighting chance - provided we have a goalie.
    Think a few of the bigger clubs and Wendy’s could be down there too with all the financial uncertainty etc ..brum have been flirting with the drop last few seasons and a few more games left to play they would have gone this season as they were dropping like a stone...

Wycombe will struggle on all fronts but they have forward momentum and a tight knit group.also the everyone will write off us angle will can give a team a boost. all which can count for a lot and most thought they would even struggle last season after promotion..

I think we will be ok but not by much,as our small squad will be stretched with numerous weekend then midweek matches in the champ which we always struggle with..but think we will have learned a lot from last time we was in there with a few of the squad which remain.

Stating the blindingly obvious but recruitment is absolutely critical. The good news is we need "cherries on the cake", not a full blown mixture ready for baking. Please santa send us a real quality keeper. A dodgy goalie can unsettle the whole back line.

I could be wrong but my spider senses tell me that one or two of the more fashionable clubs could be in for a bumpy ride this season, with the financial chickens coming home to roost. Could be something of a leveller.

I see we are second favourites to go down. Well actually we are 23rd favourites to win the league at 100-1. Wycombe 200-1. Sheffield Wed 50-1. Coventry 50-1. I think this season will be much more even than before and we have a great chance to establish ourselves at this level.

The difference between this current team and the team that got us relegated from the championship is that we have pace all over, we just need a pacey left back to replace Mattock and we will be very dangerous on the counter attack which we will have to be in this division as we we won't have much of the ball.

Several years now since we had a keeper to call our own but another Rodak on loan and a good central defender and I think we'd make middle of the lower echelons.

Some critical games next year we must win, the Pig games being the obvious ones although Im suprised we are secong favs for the drop given there could be more points deductions on the horizon

See squad assembled at the start of the new season. I'm not expecting anything more than squad being good enough to keep us out of the bottom 3

I think any three from these six will be relegated.Luton - Rotherham - Barnsley - Sheff Wed - Wycombe & Huddersfield.Hope i`m wrong about Barnsley though.

Ffs 4 now

Is this millers mad or flatcapmad?

I just don’t think I can trust anyone’s opinion on this site anymore anyone could be a Barnsley lad waiting to slag the club off, yes I’m getting very paranoid.

No wonder people start going loopy looking for alt accounts

Quote Originally Posted by conditionred View Post
    I think any three from these six will be relegated.Luton - Rotherham - Barnsley - Sheff Wed - Wycombe & Huddersfield.Hope i`m wrong about Barnsley though.
    Multi Alert!!

Dont forget they private message each other all the time. Their FootyMad site has very few users and isnt really much of a forum.

If Cams not careful this infestation could lead to the death of MillersMad.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast