+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ot heres a good one

Ot heres a good one

I married my lass after 2 years of meeting.
    We always have had a joint bank account.
    Trust being the word.
    For 35 years plus. Do you keep seerate accounts etc.
    Just wondering.

Same here crash we have always had a joint bank account. What's hers is mine and what's mine is mine ...

I'm very low maintenance tho she only has to throw me a few scraps now and then and I'm happy.

My wife and I have 3 accounts between us. One each and one joint. Works a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    I married my lass after 2 years of meeting.
    We always have had a joint bank account.
    Trust being the word.
    For 35 years plus. Do you keep seerate accounts etc.
    Just wondering.
    Trust is the word.

I trust any money sitting in our joint account will be spent pretty sharpish.

We used to have a joint account.... but the dope used to spend it all at the butchers...

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    We used to have a joint account.... but the dope used to spend it all at the butchers...
    A purloin for sirloin

Both of us had been married before so we both had different bank accounts. Never had a need or reason to change it.

Here we have a main joint account and a variety of solo accounts due to the fact that banks are always offering incentives around $500 to open new accounts which we do and then close them once the minimum requirements have been met.

In the UK, we tried to add Mrs CA to my Barclays account after we'd moved to the US but gave up. On one trip back we even visited my branch in Towcester with passports but they wouldn't add her as we had no evidence of a UK address. They knew we lived in the US as that was the address on my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    My wife and I have 3 accounts between us. One each and one joint. Works a treat.
    Pretty much the same but in both the UK and US and some others. After 45 years of marriage I’m assuming she won’t have a sudden rush of blood to the head and clean me out. Have gradually been closing down accounts in other parts of the world where we’ve lived. It gets too complicated and they all have to be declared every year in the US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast