+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next seasons chances

Next seasons chances

Ok lads, we're all looking forward to another season in the same league again. And even now, I bet we're all building up our own expectations and opinions as to who will go down next season in the Champship.

We feel like we've just won promotion with that lucky Wigan appeal thing going our way, but we're sensible enough to know that it never gets easier in this league. Although, one or two things might work in ours or your favour this time..

Wycombe have done well and might be an annoying team to play early doors, because of winning promotion etc. But surely they will struggle long term.
    Sheff Wendsy have been very very lucky to get off with just a -12 point deduction, but they have got to be one of the favourites to go down because of this.
    Barnsley/Rotherham, if we're all honest here, are we looking at each other as possibly being the 3rd relegation team ?.

Tbh though Luton, Qpr, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Stoke, Middlesbrough & Reading have all failed to impress this past season. And could any ex Prem side struggle, like Norwich, Watford, or Bournemouth maybe ?.

We will struggle because we just can't compete with the Championship money.

As usual we'll go into the season expecting relegation, build up our hopes some time between September and April and then admit it was always inevitable when we get relegated in May.

Hey maybe you lot are being just a bit too pessimistic ?. lol
    Although thats the way I usually like to play it as well, be a bit canny and sneaky, and try to keep surprising them all.

Stuck record time.

Because we have a manager style and playing style that doesn’t seem to value the art of defending we will concede too many goals.

We might get results where we score more than the opposition but in the majority of our games we will concede at least 1 goal

However with the vagaries of points deductions and other corona/finance impacts on clubs there might be three clubs finishing lower than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    We will struggle because we just can't compete with the Championship money.
    Money’s not everything look at Sunderland

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Stuck record time.

Because we have a manager style and playing style that doesn’t seem to value the art of defending we will concede too many goals.

We might get results where we score more than the opposition but in the majority of our games we will concede at least 1 goal

However with the vagaries of points deductions and other corona/finance impacts on clubs there might be three clubs finishing lower than us.
    Il be disappointed if we don’t finish 18th or above

Barnsley
    Luton
    Birmingham
    Huddersfield
    Wycombe
    Wednesday (points deductions)

Lots of people just see championship money I see **** teams who we should p1ss

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Il be disappointed if we don’t finish 18th or above

Barnsley
    Luton
    Birmingham
    Huddersfield
    Wycombe
    Wednesday (points deductions)

Lots of people just see championship money I see **** teams who we should p1ss
    I hope you are right

Getting Barlaser back is critical to our prospects. I am sure Newcastle will sell if we offer enough but how much is our chairman prepared to spend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Getting Barlaser back is critical to our prospects. I am sure Newcastle will sell if we offer enough but how much is our chairman prepared to spend ?
    Interesting one is Barlaser, at the beginning of his time with us many fans weren’t too keen on him.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast