+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McGeehan joins Oostend

McGeehan joins Oostend

Barnsley Football Club can confirm that Cameron McGeehan has joined KV Oostende on a permanent basis.

The midfielder’s time at Oakwell has come to a close, after he agreed to join the Belgian Pro League side.

McGeehan, who arrived in South Yorkshire from Luton Town in 2017, amassed 68 appearances, scoring nine goals. During his three years as a Red, he also spent time on loan at S****horpe United and most recently, Portsmouth.

The 25-year-old will be fondly remembered at Oakwell, thanks to his noteworthy contribution throughout the 2018/19 campaign, where Barnsley achieved promotion from Sky Bet League One.

Like Toby Sibbick, McGeehan will be hoping to be in contention for Oostende’s opening game of the 2020/21 campaign against Beerschot Wilrijk on Monday 10 August.

Everyone at Oakwell would like to thank Cameron for his efforts and wish him well for the future.

First of all I'd like to thank Cam Mac for his efforts in the league one promotion campaign when I thought he was a top draw in that defensive midfield role .

The Championship seems to be just beyond him so I wish him well over in Belgium .

There's a picture emerging here with regard to players heading to Oostende as he now joins Sibbick who has gone there on loan .

Not knocking it by any means just as long as we are the greater beneficiaries .

Maybe the jury is still out on Cameron at this level, in the Champship.
    I cant comment at all really about Toby Sibbs, and I dont care that we sold Malik Wilks either. But I was disappointed to see us offload Cameron like that.

Not sure about Cam either, some of his shooting in the championship was atrocious. Maybe it was a step too far, some players are like that. However I place on record my thanks to Cam for his effort and performance in the league one promotion campaign.
    Good luck in Belgium to both Cam and Sibbo.

Nasty piece of work was Cam Mac and say that as a positive .

In league one you need someone like that and he did that job superbly .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Nasty piece of work was Cam Mac and say that as a positive . In league one you need someone like that and he did that job superbly .
    That sums it up in a nutshell Animal!.
    But I just dont think he proved himsenn in the Champship did he, and thats the level we want to be playing in regularly now isnt it.

How to cut the operating losses at one club for FFP. Sell a player to another one of your clubs naming the price your other club has to pay

And they criticised Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    How to cut the operating losses at one club for FFP. Sell a player to another one of your clubs naming the price your other club has to pay

Shame we dint get any of the Nice players when Chein & co owned em!

As long as we are sat at their top table and cement ourselves in the Championship they could be Wigan's new owners for all I care .

Hypocrisy , you bet , this is football and it is what it is as long as we ain't getting fecked over .

That's my Paul. Smart, savvy operator. Sibbick, McGeehan. More please Paul.

Comon De Kustboys

#Go With Paul
    Build Oostende Better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast