+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Portuguese attacking midfielder Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues signs

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    He watched him alot in lock down so I'm sure he had a say. I don't think Ardley is bad at player recruitment, that's not one of his weaknesses.
    That is a fair point, one thing NA has been quite good at , bringing in good players this season

To me this is a "football radar" signing. And on paper it looks a very good one. However as is always the case with foreign players at lower levels will he settle? Only time will tell. Best of luck to the lad hope he bags a hat full of goals and gives the midfield the extra dimension it defnatley needs. You can at least probably understand why we let Crawford go now.

Have we bought him or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Ooooh a fancy exotic signing to get started. Looks a player on YouTube. But we have been here before with Moniz and players from the Dutch League. Snijders and Jenner looked decent but Jenner was awful.and Snijders had flashes but never really got to grips in England.

Looking forward to seeing how Rodi gets on.
    That's just what I was thinking... Notts the National League Wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    To me this is a "football radar" signing.
    Based on nothing more than pure guesswork, I think it's a football radar suggestion followed by an Ardley endorsement.

If it is, in my opinion that's a good way to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Based on nothing more than pure guesswork, I think it's a football radar suggestion followed by an Ardley endorsement.

If it is, in my opinion that's a good way to operate.
    I think it is very unlikely that Ardley would have much knowledge of the Dutch leagues, but yes ultimately its guesswork and I agree that it's a good way to operate. I believe Callum Roberts was the same process in which case its great.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think it is very unlikely that Ardley would have much knowledge of the Dutch leagues, but yes ultimately its guesswork and I agree that it's a good way to operate. I believe Callum Roberts was the same process in which case its great.
    My guess was based on this snippet from the official site:

"Rúben is the player I watched more than any other during lockdown," revealed the boss.

"The recruitment team and I believe we have found an exciting talent who will improve the squad and get better with age".

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    That is a fair point, one thing NA has been quite good at , bringing in good players this season
    It depends on how NA wants to play next year, if he sets out to be negative and worry about the opponents then what's the point of another attacking player that either sits on the bench or is asked to cover his fullback all game.
    Now if he puts out an attacking team and says to them , let them worry about us, then maybe , just maybe its game on.!
    Has he bought a Mona Lisa just to hang it up in the Toilet 365 days a year , ???

"Rúben is the player I watched more than any other during lockdown," revealed the boss.

"The recruitment team and I believe we have found an exciting talent who will improve the squad and get better with age".
    It's moderately exciting signing several younger players in the last 12 months who have fore filed some potential but have a lot to offer. Before you know it we might even win something.

I wonder how he could have watched him if there were no games being played?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast