+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Portuguese attacking midfielder Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues signs

Portuguese attacking midfielder Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues signs

Last edited by SwalePie; 09-08-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Ooooh a fancy exotic signing to get started. Looks a player on YouTube. But we have been here before with Moniz and players from the Dutch League. Snijders and Jenner looked decent but Jenner was awful.and Snijders had flashes but never really got to grips in England.

Looking forward to seeing how Rodi gets on.

From the Post site...

"The 24-year-old is Portuguese, but has spent his entire career playing in Holland, scoring 12 goals in 29 appearances last season also registering 10 assists for Den Bosch, who play in the Dutch second division."

Also Ardley said... ""Rúben is the player I watched more than any other during lockdown,"
    Last edited by SwalePie; 07-08-2020 at 11:51 AM.

This looks like a really exciting signing. Performed well in the Ditch second tier, so surprised he's come to us tbh.

Looks/sounds promising. 4231 please then Neal

Enzio - Rodrigues - Roberts

------ Wootton

Anyone think we might have just shown him around the club and not actually told him what league we're in?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Looks/sounds promising. 4231 please then Neal

Enzio - Rodrigues - Roberts

------ Wootton

Anyone think we might have just shown him around the club and not actually told him what league we're in?
    That is some serious attacking threat.

The fact he's a number 10 sort of player suggests maybe Ardley is willing to move away from the 442. We've definitely got the wingers and striker to make a 4-2-3-1 work, and Doyle would benefit from dropping deeper and patrolling in front of the back four.

Looking at his goal and assist stats, we're either seriously ambitious or the Dutch league is crap. Well, we know the Dutch league is crap from our Moniz year, but still, this looks like a pretty exciting signing. Unlike Moniz, I doubt Ardley would sign someone who clearly couldn't handle this level of English football.

Welcome, Ruben!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That is some serious attacking threat.

The fact he's a number 10 sort of player suggests maybe Ardley is willing to move away from the 442. We've definitely got the wingers and striker to make a 4-2-3-1 work, and Doyle would benefit from dropping deeper and patrolling in front of the back four.

Looking at his goal and assist stats, we're either seriously ambitious or the Dutch league is crap. Well, we know the Dutch league is crap from our Moniz year, but still, this looks like a pretty exciting signing. Unlike Moniz, I doubt Ardley would sign someone who clearly couldn't handle this level of English football.

Welcome, Ruben!
    It's the dutch second division to be fair, in the same way we had "The Premier League" and then Division 1 under it, either way my dutch friend said we must be paying him well.

He does say he can play as an 8 (CM) too so he could play in a 3 man midfield if it was a 433 but I think we'll be better suited to a 4231, as long as we advertise "4 attackers" when fans cry about needing 2 upfront...

Wow. What a signing!!! I'm actually excited!!! Wonder how he'll play on a cold Tuesday night in Hartlepool though?

I wonder if he knows we're in 5th tier?

Welcome Ruben. First Portuguese player to represent Notts. Wish you all the luck and success!!

Another eight or nine Portuguese and we'll be up there with Wolves in no time.

Can't wait for the cries of play 4-4-2. Happens every time a manager attempts to play a different system.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast