+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Portuguese attacking midfielder Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues signs

Football Radar will have noticed that a lad in the dutch second division scored in 9 consecutive games and had double figures for goals and assists and pretty much said "Worth a look?" To which Ardley has said "Sounds decent, I shall have a gander", next thing you know he's a Notts County player, it's not too difficult to work out lol.

They'll be able to notice things like that and less obvious information about players pretty easily and pick them out for further analysis, that's how Ngolo Kante had such a big rise to the top in a short time, his in game statistics for interceptions and tackles were miles ahead of anyone else in europe when he was at Caen I think which made people look closer and realise how good he was.

I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Football Radar will have noticed that a lad in the dutch second division scored in 9 consecutive games and had double figures for goals and assists and pretty much said "Worth a look?" To which Ardley has said "Sounds decent, I shall have a gander", next thing you know he's a Notts County player, it's not too difficult to work out lol.

They'll be able to notice things like that and less obvious information about players pretty easily and pick them out for further analysis, that's how Ngolo Kante had such a big rise to the top in a short time, his in game statistics for interceptions and tackles were miles ahead of anyone else in europe when he was at Caen I think which made people look closer and realise how good he was.
    Aside from their low-key, stable stewarding of the club, this is what intrigues me most about the new owners. They're effectively putting a Premier League scouting network at the disposal of a football club whose player recruitment and retention policies over the past ten years have been a massive weakness. In fact, make that twenty years if you count Steve Thompson's recruitment policy of signing half (the poor half!) of Boston United's team because he's been commentating on their games the previous season!

It wouldn't surprise me if Callum Roberts was brought to Neal Ardley's attention by Football Radar, because I don't remember Blyth Spartans being on our scouting map previously. And if we find many more gems like him we'll be cooking with gas!
    Last edited by jackal2; 08-08-2020 at 06:43 PM.

If folks remember they did say last year they would be looking into Europe for players. Blimey they are doing what they said they would do without having to announce some bollox 5 year plan. I am very confident in the stewardship of this lot unlike the last 3.

From the Post...

"According to Dutch outlet BD.nl, the 24-year-old has signed a three-year deal at Meadow Lane as boss Neal Ardley fought off serious competition to secure his signature."

Could be a good bit of 'moneyball' business if he settles and performs here!

__________________________________________________ ________

Ruben Rodrigues reveals how Notts County won European transfer battle

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/ruben-rodrigues-reveals-how-notts-4409796
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-08-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    From the Post...

"According to Dutch outlet BD.nl, the 24-year-old has signed a three-year deal at Meadow Lane as boss Neal Ardley fought off serious competition to secure his signature."

Could be a good bit of 'moneyball' business if he settles and performs here!

__________________________________________________ ________

Ruben Rodrigues reveals how Notts County won European transfer battle

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/ruben-rodrigues-reveals-how-notts-4409796
    The Magpies completed a move for the Portuguese attacker on a free transfer on Friday after he turned down the chance to stay at Dutch second division side Den Bosch.

There was interest from the third Bundesliga, from Belgium, from England and from the Premier League.

“The Premier League especially appealed to me.

"But that club never became as concrete as Notts County.

"And I am an emotional person. This felt really good. So I went all out for this.

"Moreover, playing abroad has always been a dream for me. It's nice that it is now coming out. ”
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 09-08-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    The Magpies completed a move for the Portuguese attacker on a free transfer on Friday after he turned down the chance to stay at Dutch second division side Den Bosch.

There was interest from the third Bundesliga, from Belgium, from England and from the Premier League.

“The Premier League especially appealed to me.

"But that club never became as concrete as Notts County.

"And I am an emotional person. This felt really good. So I went all out for this.

"Moreover, playing abroad has always been a dream for me. It's nice that it is now coming out. ”
    Has anyone told him that the National League is 4 steps below the Premier League?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Has anyone told him that the National League is 4 steps below the Premier League?
    I get the impression his agent tried it on with a couple of PL clubs and then let him down gently!

They call the Dutch Eredivisie (the league above the one he was in) the Premier League in Holland too so he will have been referring to that, but leaving it as "Premier League" is much more likely to get attention, I know Wolves like snapping up anyone with Portuguese blood in them but you don't mention interest from the German 3rd division and the English Premier League in the same sentence if you're trying to talk yourself up

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast