+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans' Player of The Season....

Fans' Player of The Season....

And the winner is....

Name:  Ef-R-BUXkAIt8E4.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  96.9 KB

Well deserved IMHO too.

Unlike most he didn’t have a poor performance in the play-off final.

A cracking player... heart on the sleeve kind of guy... how many times did he have a bad game last season... Captain material if I ever saw one... With Lacey, DKE and Brindley signing on the future is looking brighter.

Wonder what the outcome would have been if Ardley had selected him at Wembley, oh well

Defeat.

We needed more than one or two extra players playing well in that game. More like half a dozen.

No surprises he won this award.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Defeat.

We needed more than one or two extra players playing well in that game. More like half a dozen.

No surprises he won this award.
    Yeah, we got played off the park because not enough players turned up on the day, Ardley not wanting to change a winning team had little relevance but fans love hindsight and won't let it drop. If he'd dropped Turner after playing well against Barnet and we'd still lost, fans would have said he was an idiot for changing a team that just won 2-0 and looked comfortable.

Yup , we are all Monday morning managers , easy to judge and criticise after the event. Far harder being the person who makes the team selections pre match , and doesn't have the benefit of hindsight. That's why they are professionals and get paid to do it.

The game of football is also a lot easier when sat in Row T of the Derek Pavis stand rather than when you are at pitch level being quickly closed down by an opponent. You don't always spot the teammate who is free but on the opposite side of the pitch who needs a cross field ball hitting asap.

Both are often forgotten by fans.

Making appropriate changes during the match might have helped though. It became apparent fairly quickly that we were struggling at the back and Turner, in particular, was having a nightmare. Players have poor games but so do managers.
    Sorry, but I felt Ardley failed to address the problems on the pitch. I like Ben Turner and he’s done well for us. However, he should have been replaced by Rawlinson and Lacey switched to the left.
    That’s not with hindsight either. I was yelling at the TV on the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Yeah, we got played off the park because not enough players turned up on the day, Ardley not wanting to change a winning team had little relevance but fans love hindsight and won't let it drop. If he'd dropped Turner after playing well against Barnet and we'd still lost, fans would have said he was an idiot for changing a team that just won 2-0 and looked comfortable.
    For a lot people it wasn’t hindsight it was the wrong selection, or is leaving out your player of the season a good decision?

I don't think he would have been left out if it wasn't for the 3 month suspension of the season. He would have carried on picking Rawlinson as he had been doing.

Once that happens you should be part judging the team selection on who's been impressing in recent training and matches. Not just on who had played well 4 months prior.

People were right to moan about Enzio not starting against Barnet. Why play JOB out on the left. Cue JOB sending in an absolute peach of a cross for Dennis to score the opener and also get MOTM .

Sadly not many managers at lower league or non league level make tactical changes during the first half. In all my time watching Notts you probably count the times I've witnessed it on one hand. He made two attacking positive changes at half time, and it temporarily worked as we all saw with the goal and chances created for next 15 mins

It easy to shout things from the armchair especially once we had started poorly and conceded.

Everything is easier with hindsight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast