+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Neil Cox leaves

One of the great mysteries of football is what role the assistant plays behind the scenes. We have very painful memories of what happened when Howard Wilkinson left to manage Sheffield Wednesday in 1983 (one of the most pivotal moments in the club's postwar history, especially given the subsequent appointment of Fat Larry). Conversely, I seem to recall a turnaround after Dennis Booth was sacked as assistant under Big Sam in the late 1990s. Even better, "Agent" Booth then went on to do sterling work as David Platt's assistant across the river.

Cox never sounded like the brains of the operation when I heard him in pre- or post-match press conferences, but time will tell. It's important Ardley gets someone he knows and can trust, because I'm sure it feels like a very lonely job otherwise. Presumably he'll need a new flatmate, too, with Cox departing.

It was strange that on Monday The Scun signed about 4 players. I wonder if they were Cox's choice and were perhaps on our list of players that we would go for if we had been promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    How can we/ I believe its fact...?
    Give us the source of your information..?.
    I will have sauce when I'm having a fry up..!
    No you misunderstand. I was correcting your er

You said: Its - it is it's
    You said fact - it is written as FACT when it's a FACT
    You said source - on the board it's sauce

If you can't get the basics right then any further explanation I give will just go over your head. OK

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    It was strange that on Monday The Scun signed about 4 players. I wonder if they were Cox's choice and were perhaps on our list of players that we would go for if we had been promoted?
    I believe they have appointed him as First Team Head Coach, I imagine he won't have final say in any transfers with his title.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    No you misunderstand. I was correcting your er

You said: Its - it is it's
    You said fact - it is written as FACT when it's a FACT
    You said source - on the board it's sauce

If you can't get the basics right then any further explanation I give will just go over your head. OK
    Agree with most of that, but I would take issue with the middle bit - "You said fact - it is written as FACT when it's a FACT".

I would amend that to "You said fact - it is written as FACT when it's occasionally a FACT, but more often than not the FACT is pure fiction".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Agree with most of that, but I would take issue with the middle bit - "You said fact - it is written as FACT when it's a FACT".

I would amend that to "You said fact - it is written as FACT when it's occasionally a FACT, but more often than not the FACT is pure fiction".
    That goes without saying. If FACTS were indeed facts then it wouldn't be necessary to write it as FACTS, fact, or should that be FACT?

That goes without saying. If FACTS were indeed facts then it wouldn't be necessary to write it as FACTS, fact, or should that be FACT?
    I'd go for fact. Must admit it doesn't look as convincing as FACT though.

Just saying it's fact doesn't make it fact...FACT...
    WHY NOT LET US KNOW HOW IT'S A FACT...
    IVE GOT A 24 INCH COCK , FACT...!

Well, well, well. I always knew Pedro was a two footed player but hadn't really understood the full implications.

Press conference at 2pm to discuss???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast