+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    So that’s him on the transfer list, who else are we letting go? Let’s decide one player at a time I’ll start:
    Bambo for me he’s too slow and makes too many errors and personally I think that’s what caused Mads to be so poor at the start because he was trying to cover for him when they played together.......debate.
    load of bull: bambo is not slow he is the best c/h we have got with the exception of sollboure and will improve more than mand and will give the manager a headache as to who to play along side of soll.

Don't agree but I respect your opinion

I think we dodged a bullet when Bambo got involved with his alleged drug taking. It took him out the central defence where he was struggling big time alongside Andersen who was also struggling to cope with the Championship.
    Bambo has never been officially suspended by the FA. It was the club's decision to separate him from the pitch while investigations were ongoing and could have brought him back.
    Bambo may be a bit of a cult (carefully typed ) but people soon forget how sh1te he was when we were shipping three goals a game.

Probably a nice kid , enthusiastic in training and a good character in the dressing room .

Awful defender , a massive amount to learn about the art of defending and game management .

He'd be going out on loan for me for 6 months .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Probably a nice kid , enthusiastic in training and a good character in the dressing room .

Awful defender , a massive amount to learn about the art of defending and game management .

He'd be going out on loan for me for 6 months .
    Agree with that Animal.
    Let sonebody else do us a favour for a change and get him match fit after his enforced lay off.
    Wjile at the same time teaching him how to defend properly.

I can suggest a club he might go to on loan--what abart KV Oostende ? He came to us from the same Belgian league at
    Lokeren so he knows the area and culture. It would take him off our wage bill and put him on Oostende's and free up funds to keep us within FFP limits. We could use this strategy with other players, maybe some to Thun in Switzerland as well as Oostende.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-08-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Personally I think you're all being hard on Brown and Bambo. Ok, they're rough around the edges but they're still learning. They've been chucked in at deep end remember. With this seasons experience behind them they will be better next season. Dare I say they're almost championship veterans only joking.

When Bambo comes back he's got to raise his game because Anderson and Sollbauer have formed a decent standard of defending and understanding between them towards the end of last season. The bar has been raised, it's up to Bambo to step up. He has struggled but I think he can become good.

Jacob Brown is potentially one of our best players. I think his problem is the decision making at the moment. He works very hard as has been said, he gets into good positions but is making the wrong decision too many times unfortunately. That'll come with the more experience he gets. When he gets it he'll be one dangerous player. He's still developing. He has speed, strength, dribbling ability, work ethic, ariel ability, presence and an eye for goal. It'd be absolute madness letting him go.

All about opinions and I may be in the minority but I believe we'll see how good Jacob Brown is in the next 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

Jacob Brown is potentially one of our best players. I think his problem is the decision making at the moment. He works very hard as has been said, he gets into good positions but is making the wrong decision too many times unfortunately. That'll come with the more experience he gets. When he gets it he'll be one dangerous player. He's still developing. He has speed, strength, dribbling ability, work ethic, ariel ability, presence and an eye for goal. It'd be absolute madness letting him go.

Am wi thi on the speed and work ethic Pass.

Breaking News that UEFA are becoming concerned about the ownership of several European clubs by the same owner, believed to be a Chinese American, and the possible contravention of their Fair Play rules. UEFA say such practice is, at the moment, fairly low level and in it's early stages but early action is needed to cut it out at the bud stage.

The English EFL are believed to be liaising with UEFA over the matter and a sanction of a 12 point deduction, applicable for the 2019/20 Season, may be applied. The co-owner of the club involved, as yet undisclosed, has said on Twitter, "We'll sue the guys".

Well after that mini debate we now have Brown and Bambo on the transfer list.....Let’s debate Luke Thomas:
    Definitely has potential but shows very little, another hard worker who gives a lot with no end product seems to do better coming on as sub for 20 mins but is usually taken off when started, personally I think there is better out there we could attract so I would let him go?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast