+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salary cap?

Salary cap?

So do you think the Alex can keep within the £2.5million salary cap???

Crewe Analytics, by the way, also rate Rhys Bennett as do Cheshire Live. He must have a lot of time on his hands as he seems to be messaging about nothing else but Fifa/League manager or whatever game it is.

Confident that Crewe will not be in danger of breaching the £2.5m cap, but I hope that the removal of Hassell means that there is a little more leeway for DA when he is negotiating with players. What did we get for finishing as runners up in League Two: £80,000 - £100,000? Hopefully, some of that will be added to DA's signings pot.

I don’t think that there is any prize money with regard to finishing position in league two, all teams get the same money.

As the salary cap only applies to players over the age of 21 we are probably in a better position than many, given that some of our next rank players like Adebisi and Johnson don’t count in that figure. I might add that I don’t think we’d have had too much trouble adjusting to £1.5m either.

I must admit that I find it hard to believe that Crewe receives the same amount of money as Stevenage at the end of 2019-20. The Championship clubs are paid more if they finish higher in the table, so why would this not apply to Leagues One and Two?

Actually Championship clubs don’t receive money according to the position they finish. They each receive the same fixed Basic Award and Solidarity Payment but then receive additional payments when they appear live on Sky - between £100k and £140k for the home club and £10k for the away club. So Leeds will have earned a lot more than Hull but not specifically because of their finishing position. Of course you could argue that successful teams might appear on Sky more often, which fails to explain their obsession with Wayne Romney’s Derby!!

so positional prize-money only exists in the PL?

I notice Sunderland fans are apoplectic about the cap and wondering why they should be expected to spend the same as Crewe!!!
    They spent over £10million on their salary bill last season so I think they've got the question wrong. They should be asking: why are they NOT 10 times more successful than Crewe after spending so much money!

£10m on a salary bill that did not even get them into the playoffs! Fully agree with Gazan - Crewe is now in the same division as Sunderland on a much lower wage bill. Sunderland fans still think they are a Premiership club on a short sabbatical.

I am very surprised positional prize money only exists in the Premiership. Seems odd to me. Playing for additional prize money would be a good incentive for end of season games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast