+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Salary Cap League 1 and 2

Salary Cap League 1 and 2

How does this work? If I’m earning loasdsamoney at a league one club..... Can I be docked money...?
    Or is it a team thing.? Does the club have to offload the big spenders..... Could we benefit from this... !

No idea Jules but tha can bet they'll be a way around the salary cap .

Me not really clear either, so is the 2.5 million for all registered players including U23 and young lads? If you have say 25 squad players then that equates to average of £100,000 per player so just under £2000 per week average.

Can see clubs scrapping U23's reserve U18's teams / academy, so less chance for young talent to break through and become a professional footballer.

But Championship and Prem can still steal raw talent for peanuts? Sounds like the death of lower league to me.

“I’m a decent player..... £2k a week..!!!!!! I can earn double that in the third team at a Championship club without a wage cap..........( delete any club willing to take a chance on a 12 point deduction from the following
    A)Derby
    Sheff W
    C) Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    But Championship and Prem can still steal raw talent for peanuts? Sounds like the death of lower league to me.

“I’m a decent player..... £2k a week..!!!!!! I can earn double that in the third team at a Championship club without a wage cap..........( delete any club willing to take a chance on a 12 point deduction from the following
    A)Derby
    Sheff W
    C) Wigan
    D) Barnsley-multi club ownership scam

Re D above. How's this forra scam.
    Oostend buy a 21 yo star striker for £5m.
    Salary £8000 p.w. (No wage cap in Belgium).
    We then loan him but only pay £1000p.w. Of his salary.
    Before you all jump on me I know there is also no wage cap in Championship.
    Its just an example of how to possibly get around a wage cap when you have multi club ownership.

Mixed messages.
    Most will plead ignorance and hope they don't get caught.
    Leave it to their lawyers if they do.
    Big clubs = slap on the wrists, small clubs points deduction - relegation.
    Situation normal.