+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hi all .....

Hi all .....

Hi all. As I openly said some stuff last week, I wanted to just say hi to everyone as a group.

I read through all the comments after what I posted. And I really appreciated you all taking the time to post or contact me.
    I had a little break down in London to visit my mate. So I feel back in the land of the living again. I needed that time to get away, refresh and sort my head out a bit.
    I do suffer with anxiety and bi-polar. And normally I manage to stay focused and ontop of that (I try keep one step ahead all the time) but I think a combination of working from home for 5 months almost nonstop has taken its toll. Also all of this is a very strange time for EVERYONE in various degrees. I think out of negativity is being spread about, and tensions have been high for a long time now. And I just think things got ontop of me.

I wanted to let you all I am feeling better now. Of course its a roller coaster ride right now. A Covid-coaster if you will

Sven, I will get in touch over weekend and say hello. I really appreciated the support. Big-time. Sorry I haven't made contact this week, I was thrown back into work on Tues onwards and had a stupidly busy week.

Aucks, I also appreciated that message. Some very good ideas and suggestions. I do take medication. I am unsure that I am benefitting taking it, and it has affected other parts of my personality. There are healthier options available, which I need to look into. I think lockdown has meant I am not as healthy as normal. eating more, not going out as much, lack of regular fresh air. I am of the opinion its a healthy body, healthy mind. So from that aspect, I realise I need to make some changes.

I feel like apologising, but I also think its important to talk. And sometimes I feel like I can chat on here. But I don't want anyone worrying. I feel slightly back on track.

Hope everyone is ok. And thanks for the support.

Stay cool Champs. No stressing .

Champs - it's good to hear things are a bit better.
    On the medication front, what works for some people seems to be much less effective for others.
    Because of my ancient bones, I am still a bit sceptical about all the New Age stuff, but I have to say I am amazed by some of the results being achieved through non-clinical procedures.
    For the last 18 months, my daughter has been leading a Mindfulness class in local schools with problem students, and she has had excellent feed-back from teachers and the kids themselves.
    That course focuses on anger-management, but the techniques can be used for a number of different problems.
    As I said, she really switched careers in the first place because her own mental health difficulties were solved by Mindfulness and Meditation, and she wanted to get involved in the wider process.
    She doesn't dismiss medication at all. She thinks of the two approaches as complimentary. What she didn't like was having so many other aspects of her personality dulled by drugs.
    You are also correct, though, that exercise and diet are important. Isolation is one of the most damaging factors in all depression and anxiety-based illnesses.

Good to see you're feeling better.
    I suffered from anxiety and I'm not sure we ever recover completely.

Phill I too suffer with bi polar,so I feel for you.
    The simplest things can tip me from happy to annoyed and moody.
    Here for you if you need a chat at anytime.
    Chin up mate,and look towards positives rather than negatives.
    I know this season could be a tricky one but we have the fact that uncle Jack's legacy is still producing good youngsters and this could well be the future of this football club.
    We no longer have cash to splash so are very much reliant on the next generation.

Aww Champs mate... wots up ?.
    We've got to meet up havent we eh, somewhere in Cass, and have a large amount of beers.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)