+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Mandy's latest statement

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    it was on twitter, something the journo Liam Kennedy was commenting on, i will try to find the thread
    i cant find the blooming thing.

Was something along the lines of they have not formally withdrawn (id take that with a large pinch of salt)
    they realsied they were going to get strung along by the prem with Qatar pulling the strings, so their plan was to cause enough uproar to get the premier league to come out and say the exact reasons why it was declined as they have already satisfied their concerns over human rights, piracy etc. Then once the prem had given exact deatails, they would move to correct that particular issue and force through the sale in the public eye so the prem couldnt stall anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    It was meant to be the ‘something not right’ one
    Are you stalking me? 🤭

i cant find the blooming thing.

Was something along the lines of they have not formally withdrawn (id take that with a large pinch of salt)
    they realsied they were going to get strung along by the prem with Qatar pulling the strings, so their plan was to cause enough uproar to get the premier league to come out and say the exact reasons why it was declined as they have already satisfied their concerns over human rights, piracy etc. Then once the prem had given exact deatails, they would move to correct that particular issue and force through the sale in the public eye so the prem couldnt stall anymore
    Sounds very plausible. Certainly PIF will have a top legal team who’ll know what action to take. I’ve seen no public criticism of the PL from PIF which is very diplomatic under the circumstances and would suggest that they haven’t given up.

I’ve got a sore finger

Ok- I mentioned this a couple of days ago. When the story hit the papers about pif withdrawing from the deal. The premier league said “they hadn’t been officially notified about any withdrawal”
    So it’s quite on the cards that it hasn’t officially been withdrawn. I wonder who needs to do that ? Maybe Amanda if she was the one that lodged the application.

I’ve also been having discussions about if it has been withdrawn, then resurrected, could the premier league Class it as a new application and apply “new rules” concedes seems to be not without getting sued afterward.

3rdly maybe Saudis have withdrawn but have indicated To Amanda and Reuben bris they’d be happy to come back if this thing with the premier league is resolved. Then this is probably the only way it can be resolved , if indeed the pl just intended to sit on it forever etc.

They have to rubber stamp the promoted teams owners so it Appears that they can pass others in the meantime without resolving ours. I know it’s slightly different but it’s the same ha

Might it be that the takeover has been officially withdrawn to the owner of NUFC, (which is a Premier League club) thus withdrawing the takeover from the owners and directors test also ?

Maybe the bid hasn't been officially withdrawn, yes the premier league are taking their Time so some effort might be to speed them up with a little pressure. But maybe its also to check the reaction of the fans to a Saudi MBS owned club. They or he wouldn't like it if the fans had objected and were protesting against them every week. Maybe this is just a final check before everything goes through that they , the Saudis, were making the right decision.

Doubt it the whole thing stinks of qatar.

I had given up hope when first hearing of the takeover withdrawal. Now I'm thinking that we still have a chance and all of this is to induce immense pressure on the Prem to accept it. Looks like the two main issues why they haven't already are Quatar and other Prem clubs neither of which they could own up to. So what else can they do other then accept or lie through there teeth? I don't think they can go on anything to do with human rights as that's far bigger and just simply beyond there intellect. The Saudis regardless to whatever anyone thinks about them supposedly pulling out WILL NOT want to miss out on something when it's Quatar opposing. With the noise our fan base have made I think we have pushed them into a corner we're they simply have to speak pretty soon or accept the takeover. I have a strange feeling the takeover will be announced out of the blue with nobody expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    They’re in a total mess and looks like they’ve totally underestimated the fallout of their actions or in this case inaction.
    Pretty sure, they thought we'd all back down and grumble, then carry on.

Although this petition has done a brilliant job of focusing a target and getting politics involved.

mate that made me laugh, three times
    And me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)