+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Nice To See Folk Spending Their Brass Locally

O/T Nice To See Folk Spending Their Brass Locally

Living through these times most of us are staying put this holiday season .

We went out yesterday to Wentworth Garden Centre and called at Elsecar Heritage Centre on the way back .

Very busy , most of the pubs we passed had plenty of folk sat having a beer outside and car parks full of diners having a spot of lunch .

Folk aren't going away due to this pandemic and giving local businesses a boost .

Some nice spots around these parts and it's nice to see folk out and making the best of it locally .

Wetherspoons in Sowerby Bridge wo rocking at 10-30am this morning when I drove past wi car windda darn. All artside tables tekken wi fooak lagerring it and fagging it and general hubbub of noise coming from inside.

Cafe culture alive and well with Sheila's Breakfast Place well patronised with clients set artside watching the world go by.

Blackpool prom very busy, car parks full.
    Couldn't get a table for 2 inside or outside our local at 10 o'clock last night.
    Landlords trying their best to keep some order but many not interested.

Is there something wrong in head with people who live in UK who totally disregard what the government have implemented thinking they're invisible to this killer coronavirus. The lockdown was relaxed far too early for me and now it's proving it in different areas where cases have risen and will continue to grow in most areas all because of this stupid attitude of ignorance

Scenes this morning in Sowerby Bridge Dools med me wondering if Calderdale wo really in lockdarn.

Rule is that people from different households carnt mix. The must be a lot of households in Sowerby Bridge wi families of abart six mid twenty year olds cos there were many groups of lads art set supping wi Bobbies just strolling past. We are privileged to ev areas of Halifax comprising a vibrant, culturally rich, diverse ethnic minority of mainly Pakistani heritage, living in overcrowded housing, multi-generational, socially deprived and working in jobs such as taxi driving, hospitality and social care, who are statistically more likely to have CV 19.

Al tell thi wot. Am not gooin art much at the moment.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 08-08-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Is theroe something wrong in head with people who live in UK who totally disregard what the government have implemented thinking they're invisible to this killer coronavirus. The lockdown was relaxed far too early for me and now it's proving it in different areas where cases have risen and will continue to grow in most areas all because of this stupid attitude of ignorance
    Who's ignorant Dools the Gov't for not enforcing the rules or making them mandatory or those that simply ignore ?
    In my local city centre groups of 9 or 10 eastern Europeans pull tables together after much backslapping & hand shaking with not a face mask in sight or a care in the world
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 08-08-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Who's ignorant Dools the Gov't for not enforcing the rules or making them mandatory or those that simply ignore ?
    In my local city centre groups of 9 or 10 eastern Europeans pull tables together after much backslapping & hand shaking with not a face mask in sight or a care in the world
    Both are to blame exile there should be automatic fines made compulsory anyone breaking compulsory rules, they're good at dishing out parking fines and dropping a fag end

I think tha's got to get art narn and ageen especially when it's decent weather or tha guner end up going rarnd twist .

In over five months we've been no where other than to shop for snap .

I wouldn't go out boozing or even go to the coast so it war nice to get art yisterday and at least feel a bit of normality even if it isn't really .

How long we are going to be like this who can sey .

This could go on another 18 months .

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Both are to blame exile there should be automatic fines made compulsory anyone breaking compulsory rules, they're good at dishing out parking fines and dropping a fag end
    Totally agree Dools

It’s quite easy really? Put up with the rules and try to stay sane through it until a vaccine can be found or risk death!
    These people ignoring rules are playing live Russian roulette, I’m certain that when they are facing death on a ventilator in hospital they will be wishing that they had stayed in and not had a total disregard for anyone else but themselves!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast