+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electric Cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    sf6.
    That's the one

According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, SF
    6 is the most potent greenhouse gas that it has evaluated, with a global warming potential of 23,900 times that of CO
    2 when compared over a 100-year period. Sulfur hexafluoride is inert in the troposphere and stratosphere and is extremely long-lived, with an estimated atmospheric lifetime of 800–3,200 years

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    That's the one

According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, SF
    6 is the most potent greenhouse gas that it has evaluated, with a global warming potential of 23,900 times that of CO
    2 when compared over a 100-year period. Sulfur hexafluoride is inert in the troposphere and stratosphere and is extremely long-lived, with an estimated atmospheric lifetime of 800–3,200 years

Help me out here.......what does the above actually mean?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Me two....

Don't get an electric bike Mick..
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53713971

My car is over 4 years old and a 4 x 4 petrol hybrid.

Electric range is only around 13 miles but it pretty much gets me to work and back.

It looks like hydrogen cars are going to start appearing in the next 3-4 years and my particular model is muted to be the first one launched.

I can’t make up my mind whether to change yo their newer hybrid that does 42-54 miles on electric.......go for the sportier petrol model or just sit tight for another 3-4 years and help save the planet by emitting water by using hydrogen.

What’s everyone else doing at the moment?
    I do believe hydrogen is the way forward, it is tricky to transport and store and does go boom quite nicely... but the technology is available to safely store and transport, production is expensive as it relies on electricity to separate the hydrogen from water, however I have always thought the way to fix the reliance on fossil fuels would be to convert the gulf states to hydrogen production, they have an abundance of sunshine to provide solar power, are surrounded by the ocean and the land you would use for the solar farms is barren desert, so no ecological impact... convert super tankers (line with Kevlar tanks etc) and use them to ship the hydrogen as a commodity... can’t see a downside really as the petrochemical companies would be the ones producing and storing hence they don’t loose the market...

I pointed out Wind Farms used a nasty greenhouse material. Albionic informed it was SF6 (Sulphour Hexaflouride.) I then cut and pasted a piece on SF6.

Simple.

I pointed out Wind Farms used a nasty greenhouse material. Albionic informed it was SF6 (Sulphour Hexaflouride.) I then cut and pasted a piece on SF6.

Simple.
    If it was simple I wouldn’t have asked.

I hadn’t a clue what SF6 was.

It’s easy to talk the lingo when you understand something but I could blind you with my own science from my line of work and it may just confuse you.

If I spouted on about SMU and CAD and FOB you may or may not know what the hell I was on about 923.

Dubs didn’t understand either and as he’s in the medical profession I presume he’s far brighter than me.

Sometimes a simple explanation to a polite question is a better bet than a condescending one.

If it was simple I wouldn’t have asked.

I hadn’t a clue what SF6 was.

It’s easy to talk the lingo when you understand something but I could blind you with my own science from my line of work and it may just confuse you.

If I spouted on about SMU and CAD and FOB you may or may not know what the hell I was on about 923.

Dubs didn’t understand either and as he’s in the medical profession I presume he’s far brighter than me.

Sometimes a simple explanation to a polite question is a better bet than a condescending one.
    I hadn't got a clue what SF6 was either so I looked it up.

Don't know what SMU is and having looked it up I am non the wiser. Always eager to learn.

I hadn't got a clue what SF6 was either so I looked it up.

Don't know what SMU is and having looked it up I am non the wiser. Always eager to learn.
    Always happy to help.

SMU stands for “Special Make Up” which is a product specifically and exclusively designed for one retailer only.....I do a lot of this.

FOB is for “Freight On Board” which describes the way you’ve chosen to transact goods being brought in from abroad.

CAD is short for “Computer Aided Design” which is where we propose a design of an SMU product from a brand and they create it on a computer rather than actually create an actual physical model until we are happy with how it’s looking in the virtual world.

Never heard of SMU so thank you.

FOB is a term I recall from HNC days always thought it was Free On Boar. Never bought anything direct from abroad so what it means in practice no idea.

CAD I have used pretty much every day of my working life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)