+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Boat People

Frenchmagpie: from reading your posts it seeems you have a very positive view about how France treats migrants, which I have to say is very different from what is reported in Italy where numerous abuses have been recorded at Ventimiglia (migrants having SIM cards confiscated so they can't communicate, soles of shoes cut so they can't walk, being held in unsanitary conditions, baton charging migrants into the sea, suspending Schengen etc).

This is not to say that the same couldn't happen in the UK if the numbers were comparable, or that Italy is any better, just to say that from my understanding things aren't as good as you're making them out to be.

I think it's accurate to say that the UK tries to keep the migrants in France, France tries to keep them in Italy, Italy tries to keep them in Libya.

I think this new flux of immigration is a very complex phenomenon with many aspects that need to be considered, and which is being discussed in very (too?) simple terms here.

One thing is for certain - it isn't going away. If anything it is going to become more and more relevant as disparities in natural resources, economic opportunity and now Covid 19 become more pronounced.

Getting a bit bored of arguing with the gullible here. It is all too easy for the media to pick up what I call 'micro-stories' and blow them out of all proportion for sensationalism. Sure there a few people trying to cross the channel, sure some of them are doing so recklessly and for invalid reasons, sure some get treated appallingly at borders etc. etc. Those are micro-stories. Where is the reporting on the reasons for this tragedy. Western corruption, treating third world countries and populations as worthless, extreme poverty and climate change.
    But it's easier to tell you all how bad the brown skinned people or EU civil servants are. You're too gullible to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Getting a bit bored of arguing with the gullible here. It is all too easy for the media to pick up what I call 'micro-stories' and blow them out of all proportion for sensationalism. Sure there a few people trying to cross the channel, sure some of them are doing so recklessly and for invalid reasons, sure some get treated appallingly at borders etc. etc. Those are micro-stories. Where is the reporting on the reasons for this tragedy. Western corruption, treating third world countries and populations as worthless, extreme poverty and climate change.
    But it's easier to tell you all how bad the brown skinned people or EU civil servants are. You're too gullible to see it.
    I don't think it's gullibility, French, as much as refusing to believe an inconvenient truth. There can be no question that the UK and the USA are the principal villains of the peace in North Africa and the Middle East. Facing up to our responsibilities and either sorting out the mess we created or offering the refugees a new life in a new land is what should be happening.
    The Yanks are, of course, in the clear because no one is going to cross the Atlantic on a li-lo or raft.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I don't think it's gullibility, French, as much as refusing to believe an inconvenient truth. There can be no question that the UK and the USA are the principal villains of the peace in North Africa and the Middle East. Facing up to our responsibilities and either sorting out the mess we created or offering the refugees a new life in a new land is what should be happening.
    The Yanks are, of course, in the clear because no one is going to cross the Atlantic on a li-lo or raft.
    Well thats a bad case of white supremacy you have there good sir. Its always the white mans fault, those poor Africans can never be at fault for anything, they just don't have the necessary skills do they.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev373c7wSRg

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Another complete lie by the right. No one said all working class people are chavs you twonk, I'm working class, I'm on 8.51 an hour and live in an ex council house. My street is full of chavs and flags (another myth you can't fly these anymore according to the sun) I said I'd prefer 250 immigrants to chavs and I stand by that, it's like the wild west on my street especially in the summer, I used to live in an more immigrant full area and it wasn't half as bad.

Also if you don't think alot of the anti immigration feelings are down to racism then that's another lie. I have said in previous posts there are people who are worried about it for genuine reasons but alot just hate brown and black people. You'll never admit it but we all know it's true so that's ok.

If you're going to make up lies saying that all working class people were called chavs don't bother next time. You don't have to be rich to have some manners and personal pride. Alot of immigrants have both.
    I never said you said all, but you are still classing some working class people as "Chavs" or are they Middle Class Chavs or some sort of Aristochavs? They are still working class and you hate them. Something that you seem to have forgotten, a lot of Black and Brown (and Asian and Latinos) that have come to this country are working class so do they count?

There are a lot of racists, but it's not just those on the right that there are racist, you also get those on the left that are racist, there are a few on this board. They think they are just better than the migrants, they know what is best for them and it is always the fault of the whites. These Left Wing Racists see all races as just blocks, not even as people each with individual needs and it is up to them with their white power to help them see the way.

So the person who was lying was you, I never said any any of them were Chavs, that was all you.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Oh and the group that hurt the poor the most are called the tories not the immigrants. How's that universal credit switch getting along still, are poor people still waiting 6 months for their first payments and rent help forcing them to move out and go to food banks. Must be the immigrants fault. I like the way that the reason benefits aren't alot of you say because the money goes to immigrant help, what a load of crap. Maybe they could tax the rich effectively, not waste hundreds of millions on equipment from their mates that doesn't work or stop giving their mates massive savings through bank handed deals that would have gone in the public pot but no you're right it's all the immigrants fault 😂😂😂
    Taxing the rich doesn't work in the way you seem to think it does, just look at what is happening in New York City at the moment, about 200,000 of the richest people just left because of various reasons, including threats to increase their taxes. The riches 1% in New York paid 47% of the Tax revenue and when the benefits they received because less that the cost they just left. There is nothing that can be done to stop it.

Also just because you think the Tories are worse for the poor doesn't top the poor being the worse affected by mass migration.

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    Well thats a bad case of white supremacy you have there good sir. Its always the white mans fault, those poor Africans can never be at fault for anything, they just don't have the necessary skills do they.

So the UK and USA are not mixed race societies, good sir?

I find that video amusing and relevant to some things that are happening in the news (you can probably guess which ones), but I don't think it's relevant to what Sid said about western countries' actions in Africa and the Middle East, which is pretty much a statement of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I find that video amusing and relevant to some things that are happening in the news (you can probably guess which ones), but I don't think it's relevant to what Sid said about western countries' actions in Africa and the Middle East, which is pretty much a statement of fact.
    So the Arab Countries meddling doesn't count, China meddling doesn't matter, its all the white mans fault because only what the white man does matter. You also have a whole continent of African making decisions for themselves that obviously don't count. To think it is all to blame on whitey make you think the white man is something special.

We have been meddling in lots of places that don't have it as bad as Africa, what are we doing wrong there I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So the UK and USA are not mixed race societies, good sir?
    you will need to explain that one, I can't see the relevance, you seem to suggest that the non whites in these countries have equal opportnites and success though so I guess we can all sit down and congratulate ourselves on a good job.

Hang on, thats no right is it?

So the Arab Countries meddling doesn't count, China meddling doesn't matter, its all the white mans fault because only what the white man does matter. You also have a whole continent of African making decisions for themselves that obviously don't count. To think it is all to blame on whitey make you think the white man is something special.

We have been meddling in lots of places that don't have it as bad as Africa, what are we doing wrong there I wonder?
    In the modern period China hasn't really been in a position to meddle in Africa until the last twenty years or so, and their 'meddling' consists of building infrastructure in African countries and selling them cheap consumer goods, in return for natural resources. To be honest it seems to work quite well.

I can't think of anyone from the Middle East meddling in Africa since the Ottoman Empire, but I'm willing to stand corrected.

I'm not sure why you would want to compare either of these things to decades (in some cases centuries) of European colonial activity in Africa, or to Cold War era proxy wars in Africa. There is simply no comparison in my opinion.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast