+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Boat People

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Fu*k me! Only you could blame this on the Government
    Silly me, the party who have been in charge for more than a decade obviously have no responsibility at all for immigration.

Let's leave it to NCM posters to sort it.

The refugees trying to get here a better life because of the is situation in Syria is a result of Tony Blair’s (labour btw) illegal war against Iraq just to satisfy Bush. This led the the ‘Arab Spring’ which then created havoc in the middle east region. So who is to blame??

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    The refugees trying to get here a better life because of the is situation in Syria is a result of Tony Blair’s (labour btw) illegal war against Iraq just to satisfy Bush. This led the the ‘Arab Spring’ which then created havoc in the middle east region. So who is to blame??
    Obviously Jeremy Corbyn. Boris Johnson is completely blameless.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Obviously Jeremy Corbyn. Boris Johnson is completely blameless.
    Just send them back. They can seek asylum in France, it's a safe country.

When Australia had this problem a few years ago with illegals making it from Sri Lanka to Christmas Island we simply did a deal with Nauru to repatriate them there and it stopped it dead. All the UK has to do is a deal with somewhere else to send them there and it will have the same effect and they will stay in France. Now you are leaving the EU its quite possible to do.

I can understand people wanting a better life but we can't sustain thousands and thousands of people coming here. We are a small island with about 66 million inhabitants already our infrastructure can't cope no matter which government is in charge.
    How many are not picked up and land here and disappear into society? A very dangerous situation with the Covid virus rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I can understand people wanting a better life but we can't sustain thousands and thousands of people coming here. We are a small island with about 66 million inhabitants already our infrastructure can't cope no matter which government is in charge.
    How many are not picked up and land here and disappear into society? A very dangerous situation with the Covid virus rampant.
    If you read about world population decline over the next century including the UK its pretty sustainable but its extremely expensive.

Yeah let's machine gun a pregnant woman and children. Black horse, still a cnut I see. You and that joyless tw@t Patel make good bed fellows, you probably get Katie Hopkins to make you both breakfast afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    When Australia had this problem a few years ago with illegals making it from Sri Lanka to Christmas Island we simply did a deal with Nauru to repatriate them there and it stopped it dead. All the UK has to do is a deal with somewhere else to send them there and it will have the same effect and they will stay in France. Now you are leaving the EU its quite possible to do.
    Immigration barrister Colin Yeo, author of Welcome To Britain: Fixing Our Broken Immigration System, said: “The Royal Navy cannot simply enter French waters without an agreement to return migrants crossing the Channel.

“The French authorities would need to agree to accept any returns and because of the variety of hard Brexit sought by the UK government, the current returns arrangement, called the Dublin regulation, is ending on 31 December 2020, with no sign of any replacement being negotiated. It will become harder to return migrants to France in 2021, not easier.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Immigration barrister Colin Yeo, author of Welcome To Britain: Fixing Our Broken Immigration System, said: “The Royal Navy cannot simply enter French waters without an agreement to return migrants crossing the Channel.

“The French authorities would need to agree to accept any returns and because of the variety of hard Brexit sought by the UK government, the current returns arrangement, called the Dublin regulation, is ending on 31 December 2020, with no sign of any replacement being negotiated. It will become harder to return migrants to France in 2021, not easier.
    Bif's right. Under international law, there's nothing we can do, other than make an agreement with France to police it on their side. Did I read they wanted 30 million? Pay em.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast